DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need a little extra signal oomph

Neebles

Reactions
Ok so because it’s winter time, a majority of my flying is done at home in a residential neighborhood. Between all the trees and houses etc, I find myself with a lot of signal interference. I’m not ready to dump 250 into a Titan yet, I just don’t fly that far, but would like to get something to help cut through the neighborhood riff-raff. Would something like the Titan whip antennas do the trick? Any other suggestions?

Ok so because it’s winter time, a majority of my flying is done at home in a residential neighborhood. Between all the trees and houses etc, I find myself with a lot of signal interference. I’m not ready to dump 250 into a Titan yet, I just don’t fly that far, but would like to get something to help cut through the neighborhood riff-raff. Would something like the Titan whip antennas do the trick? Any other suggestions?

Un-amplified the Titan whips would give a marginal improvement as they are 5dbi instead of the stock 3dbi, radiation pattern is more focused, so more range rather than penetration.
Circular polarization might be better than the omni direction whips, this would be a Titan Control 2.4ghz for the Mavic (uses only the 2,4ghz frequency range)

According to the Titan website

"The Control Antenna System is a light weight quick mounted antenna for various DJI Drones. It employs circular polarization to help push through congestion. Due to its polarized nature, the Control antenna will reduce any radio interference by process known as multipathing. This blocks out unwanted radio signals and can give a much cleaner signal."

But you could save a bit of money, by not making these incremental purchases and go straight to the Cyclone 2.4ghz, I use this in all flight scenarios with the Mavic because it's amplified and has circular polarization so it covers all bases.

Last edited:
Un-amplified the Titan whips would give a marginal improvement as they are 5dbi instead of the stock 3dbi, radiation pattern is more focused, so more range rather than penetration.
Circular polarization might be better than the omni direction whips, this would be a Titan Control 2.4ghz for the Mavic (uses only the 2,4ghz frequency range)

According to the Titan website

"The Control Antenna System is a light weight quick mounted antenna for various DJI Drones. It employs circular polarization to help push through congestion. Due to its polarized nature, the Control antenna will reduce any radio interference by process known as multipathing. This blocks out unwanted radio signals and can give a much cleaner signal."

But you could save a bit of money, by not making these incremental purchases and go straight to the Cyclone 2.4ghz, I use this in all flight scenarios with the Mavic because it's amplified and has circular polarization so it covers all bases.

Yeah, that’s probably my best bet. Well looks like I have some stuff I need to sell!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots