DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need a phone to fly with suggestions ?

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey guys , looking for a designated phone to fly with I have an iPhone 11 promax now screen gets warm and dims when the phone gets hot and the brightness is not so great . looking for a phone to fly with that is a nice bright screen someone told me galaxy S 10 anyone else have any suggestions .. the LG BELOW is only 700 nit and will peak to 1000 for 3 min.. not worth it for 3 min.. TIA

LG G7 ThinQ's​

Hey guys , looking for a designated phone to fly with I have an iPhone 11 promax now screen gets warm and dims when the phone gets hot and the brightness is not so great . looking for a phone to fly with that is a nice bright screen someone told me galaxy S 10 anyone else have any suggestions .. the LG BELOW is only 700 nit and will peak to 1000 for 3 min.. not worth it for 3 min.. TIA

LG G7 ThinQ's​

Someone here uses a Samsung s21 ultra, works for him and has the brightest screen

You can start with this:

Also... there are many threads on the same subject, some recent. Click on the 'New' tab at top of page, click 'New Posts' and read back several pages.

Here's one:

You can also use the forum Search tool.

LG G7 ThinQ's​

I would suggest the 7 “ tripletek tablet. It has the brightest screen out there. No need for a sunshade with this guy. You can see the screen on even the brightest days. I don’t have one but I’ve seen a lot of reviews on it. I have an iPad mini 5 that I bought before hearing about the tripletek, my loss.

I would suggest the 7 “ tripletek tablet. It has the brightest screen out there. No need for a sunshade with this guy. You can see the screen on even the brightest days. I don’t have one but I’ve seen a lot of reviews on it. I have an iPad mini 5 that I bought before hearing about the tripletek, my loss.
That tablet I heard about, But it too large.. for me.. Plus you need a mount to hold it on the controller more weight and bulk.. thank you for your idea.

Thank u ,looking into a used Samsung galaxy S7 supposed to be over 800 nit brightness
Until last weekend I had two S7's... my flight phone with all the relevant apps, and my primary everyday use phone, which also had the flight apps. With a SIM in each, I was a happy camper for a while, pleasantly surprised at the performance of such an 'old' phone.

Then the dang screen on my primary died all of a sudden, luckily I had a recent total backup. I had to move the SIM tied to my primary phone number over to the 'spare' S7 and now I'm shopping for a replacement. I'm sorely tempted to just get another S7 off fleabay and call it a day.

Until last weekend I had two S7's... my flight phone with all the relevant apps, and my primary everyday use phone, which also had the flight apps. With a SIM in each, I was a happy camper for a while, pleasantly surprised at the performance of such an 'old' phone.

Then the dang screen on my primary died all of a sudden, luckily I had a recent total backup. I had to move the SIM tied to my primary phone number over to the 'spare' S7 and now I'm shopping for a replacement. I'm sorely tempted to just get another S7 off fleabay and call it a day.
The Display Specs on the S7 seems to be the brightest ( Nits) So Ill give one a try on ebay..

Reactions: umanbean
The Display Specs on the S7 seems to be the brightest ( Nits) So Ill give one a try on ebay..
I just realized you have an Air 2.... that uses the GO4 app right?

I haven't tried the FLY app on the S7 yet, so don't know if it'll work with that. If you have to use FLY I'll be glad to download and test it.

I just realized you have an Air 2.... that uses the GO4 app right?

I haven't tried the FLY app on the S7 yet, so don't know if it'll work with that. If you have to use FLY I'll be glad to download and test it.
No the Air 2 s uses the FLY app. I just ordered an S7 Active , much bigger battery than the S7 .. Ill let you guys know how it does.

Just for kicks, I downloaded FLY from dji.com (it's not in the Playstore) and IT WORKS!

I really didn't think it would, after all the talk in other threads here about the need for at least 4gb RAM, 64 bit SOC, and 64 bit OS.

I don't have any gen2 drones so can't vouch for performance during flight, but the app runs on this S7... wow...

Did a little research on the S7... I've been using one for years and never knew:

Snapdragon 820 CPU - 64bit
4mb RAM
Many other 'high performance' features
Never realized this phone was so 'powerful' in it's day... wow
So, that explains why it runs FLY

But where did you get 800 nits in your post #8? The display is 'passable' but I don't think it's that bright.

The table below lists 532 nits.

When Automatic Brightness is turned On, the Galaxy S7 reaches an impressive maximum screen Brightness of up to 855 nits in high Ambient Light, where high screen Brightness is really needed – it is tied with the Galaxy Note 5 for the Brightest mobile display that we have ever tested.

GOOGLE

Did a little research on the S7... I've been using one for years and never knew:

Snapdragon 820 CPU - 64bit
4mb RAM
Many other 'high performance' features
Never realized this phone was so 'powerful' in it's day... wow
So, that explains why it runs FLY

But where did you get 800 nits in your post #8? The display is 'passable' but I don't think it's that bright.

The table below lists 532 nits.
I see that.. Conflicting info.. Mine arrives Sat .. Free Returns to Ebay.. Ill give it try out in the Sun and let you know how it does..

Well I'll be dipped, did not know that!

I've never used Auto brightness, it's just not bright enough for me in room lighting... I do keep High Performance turned on though, thought that was enough.

Ill give it try out in the Sun and let you know how it does..
I just did - IT WORKS!!! Wow thanks a lot!... that'll help big-time. (ya learn something new every day).

I stepped out into direct sunlight, flipped the switch to Auto bright, and it ticked up brightness by a lot!

I mean, jeez, I've been flying with an S7 for years, and never knew that.

I wonder what that'll do to battery life though? Now I see why you went with an Active - good thinking.

Last edited:
Well I'll be dipped, did not know that!

I've never used Auto brightness, it's just not bright enough for me in room lighting... I do keep High Performance turned on though, thought that was enough.

I just did - IT WORKS!!! Wow thanks a lot!... that'll help big-time. (ya learn something new every day).

I stepped out into direct sunlight, flipped the switch to Auto bright, and it ticked up brightness by a lot!

I mean, jeez, I've been flying with an S7 for years, and never knew that.

I wonder what that'll do to battery life though? Now I see why you went with an Active - good thinking.
Not sure, But I just ordered the S7 Active , that battery is :
The Galaxy S7 Active brings battery capacity up to 4,000mAh from the standard S7's 3,000mAh battery, which drastically increases the battery life of the device.
So thats why I went with the Active for the battery..
Where is the Switch for AUTO BRIGHT/ ? Im an Iphone user. LOL How did you get the FLY APP if its not on the playstore?

The Galaxy S7 Active brings battery capacity up to 4,000mAh
Noticed that earlier while googling for S7 info, thanks. Is the 'max nits' value the same on the Active as plain S7? Nevermind, found it, it is - same display.

If you don't mind saying, where did you get your Active? None on ebay and Amazon lists at $239 and up!... wow
Where is the Switch for AUTO BRIGHT/ ?
Swipe down at top for Notifications shade drop-down. Display brightness slider will be at top, click the little 'down arrow' on the right, Brightness settings menu will pop up.
How did you get the FLY APP if its not on the playstore?
Downloaded direct from DJI, here:

Last edited:

I got the s7 active from them this is the s7 .. he had the S8 didn’t want screen burn in so went with the 7 active open box for 124$ arrives Sat I’ll let u know how it works . He has free returns as well

Reactions: umanbean
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag