DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need advice-which drone?

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Our grandson is turning 15 soon and he wants a drone so he can get into filmmaking. When visiting us, he likes to fly my MM. His parents asked me for advice re what drone. The will stretch to $500 (no more). With 78 flights, I’ve had zero problems with my MM but I don’t fly in winds above 20mph. They live in a suburban community about 50 minutes south of Chicago (the Windy City). Is there a better option than a MM? Due to the delicate nature of drones, I’m reluctant to recommend a used MAir. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mavic air may be worth a look. Prices will be dropping with the new model about to be released?

As said above, the Air and the original Pro may be worth looking into. You might be able to find a used one for around $500.00. But unless you find a trustworthy seller, it's hard to know how the drone has been treated. If you would like, shoot us a message, we have new Mini's and a used Air that was in our show room for demo's that has been very lightly used we might look at parting with.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Thanks to all. I’ve passed the information on to my son-in-law and the ball is in his court now. ??‍♂️

Last edited:
Thanks to all. I’ve passed the information on to my son-in-law and the balls in his court now. ??‍♂️

If not too late to give one more option, a Spark package might be a great way to start, man these things are bullet proof, and quite reasonable pricing too.
I have a few batteries, and get consistent 15 mins min, and I land it with a good margin.
Batteries charge concurrently on the multicharger, and they charge very fast, so with a flymore package or a few batts on hand, you can stay in the air a long while when you have vehicle charging on site.

That said, a good 2nd hand M1P is also excellent if the right price can be found, but obviously a bit more risk of problems.
Still flying mine after 3+ years, great drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S