DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help finding a cheap tablet to use with mini 2

WillyRednck

Reactions
I have been looking into getting a Mavic Mini 2 and need to get a new device to use as a screen. I was thinking a small tablet. Anyone have experience using this one: LenovoTab M8 Tablet, 8" HD Android Tablet, Quad-Core Processor, 2GHz, 32GB Storage, Full Metal Cover, Long Life, Android 9 Pie, ZA5G0060US, Slate Black? Or this one Samsung SM-T290NZKAXAC Galaxy Tab A 8" 32 GB? Will either of them work?

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. I’ve used the Samsung tab and the apple mini, both work OK, the only concern is the brightness. Had difficulty seeing the screen in bright daylight.
Regards

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland WillyRednckBalls.

Good luck on your tablet search and welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Reactions: MA2 317
I have been looking into getting a Mavic Mini 2 and need to get a new device to use as a screen. I was thinking a small tablet. Anyone have experience using this one: LenovoTab M8 Tablet, 8" HD Android Tablet, Quad-Core Processor, 2GHz, 32GB Storage, Full Metal Cover, Long Life, Android 9 Pie, ZA5G0060US, Slate Black? Or this one Samsung SM-T290NZKAXAC Galaxy Tab A 8" 32 GB? Will either of them work?
When you decide what you want, check out used and refurbs on Amazon. I found a great deal on an ipad mini. Brand new , the package had been opened is all. Happy flying!

Reactions: MA2 317
I had the Lenovo M8 8" tablet but it only had 2 GB RAM so could not handle the Fly app reliably and kept freezing up. I sold it and bought the Huawei Media Pad M5 Lite with 3 GB RAM (€150). This can handle the Fly app with my Mini 2 and I have had no problems with it so far.

I got the Lenovo M10 and it works good. Far better than a phone for sure.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. I’ve used the Samsung tab and the apple mini, both work OK, the only concern is the brightness. Had difficulty seeing the screen in bright daylight.
Regards
I'll 3d print some shades if I need to, jus looking for something cheap.
Tripltek Pro 8GB 64 bit, 1200 nits screen 10000 mah battery runs on Android. Working temperature - 20 to 50° View attachment 125622
That's not exactly cheap. Cost more than the drone.

Do you need 3 gb ram? Cause I have been reading about a bunch of people using tablets with 2gb ram. Unless they are using newer models of the tablets than what I'm finding specs for.

Anyone have experience with this thing? VANKYO MatrixPad Z10 Tablet, Android 9.0 Pie, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage, 10 inch Android Tablets, 1920x1200 IPS Display, 13MP Rear Camera, Quad-Core Processor, 2.4/5G WiFi, HDMI, GPS, Gray. It's really cheap. Haha

amsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 32 GB WiFi Android 9.0 Pie Tablet Black (2019) - SM-T290NZKAXAR $129 US at Amazon

Attachments

• Mini OTG.jpg
    Mini OTG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: kanjigirl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member