DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help finding lost mavic pro

chranotik

Reactions
Hello i was flying my mavic pro earlier tonight and out of nowhere the aircraft disconnected from the app and the remote control and i never was able to get the signal back again. I reviewed the flight logs and have an idea of where it might be. I have it set to RTH when situations like this happen but it didn't even try to do that it just completely disconnected and disappeared, and i've been to this location where it says it might be a couple times hoping to pick up the signal with the controller or app with no luck. I'll hike around the area later and look but not sure i'm going to have any luck.

Last edited:
Hello i was flying my mavic pro earlier tonight and out of nowhere the aircraft disconnected from the app and the remote control and i never was able to get the signal back again. I reviewed the flight logs and have an idea of where it might be. I have it set to RTH when situations like this happen but it didn't even try to do that it just completely disconnected and disappeared, and i've been to this location where it says it might be a couple times hoping to pick up the signal with the controller or app with no luck. I'll hike around the area later and look but not sure i'm going to have any luck.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I am sorry for your loss, I hope you find it, did you try the "find my drone" feature in the app?

I am sorry for your loss, I hope you find it, did you try the "find my drone" feature in the app?

Yes but it says the same thing the flight log does that it was last seen at that spot in the log, and when i was in the area looking for it i was getting no reading from the find my drone feature like battery % or any kind of signals from it as if it's turned off.

Well i just got back hiking around the area where it was last seen on the GPS thing and it is nowhere around there at all. Not to mention as you can see in the logs when it disconnected from me it was still going 27 mph so who knows where it ended up :( I really dont know what to do now and i don't know why it didn't even try to return to home

Looking at that log, it should have been able to make it back all the way home and the GPS was functional too. Did it land around where you took off?

Looking at that log, it should have been able to make it back all the way home and the GPS was functional too. Did it land around where you took off?
No it didn't that is the first place i checked of course, because i took off from the driveway. When the aircraft and remote both lost connection i ran up the street all the way to where it lost signal unable to find it anywhere and i've been looking for about 5 hours now

That's a strange one. You had 19 satellites one second, it loses the downlink a couple of times, then it's gone.

I'm really not sure what happened but this does seem like msinger or someone experienced might be able to put an educated guess on where it ended up.

Good luck, it's an absolute sickener when this happens.

That's a strange one. You had 19 satellites one second, it loses the downlink a couple of times, then it's gone.

I'm really not sure what happened but this does seem like msinger or someone experienced might be able to put an educated guess on where it ended up.

Good luck, it's an absolute sickener when this happens.

Yeah this is extremely odd and i've only had it for 2 weeks and this happened already. *Sigh* I really think it kept going since it was going 27 mph at the time it disconnected, even though i ran all the way up the street trying to chase where it disconnected at and the RC and phone never could get a connection again. It probably crashed somewhere and that's why i can't get any signal or GPS from it anymore. I have no idea but i'm extremely frustrated and i called in to work today hoping i can find it before someone else does. Thanks everyone so far who has responded.

Pinging @Robbyg and @BudWalker. I can't begin to speculate what happened to it. It should have either landed where it disconnected, or returned home and landed. That is to say, someone may have picked it up when it landed and walked away with it.

The remote controller connection was lost when you flew your Mavic behind the hill beside Jack in the box. Since you had the RTH altitude set to 30 meters (98 feet), your Mavic did not ascend above the hill when RTH was initiated. It either crashed into the side of the hill or landed safely on the hill. Look for it near the top of the hill around this area:

Location1.jpg

Location2.jpg

Wow thanks ill go back and check again, because i was looking at the find my drone thing and it has a green line with a blue arrow like a couple miles away so i thought maybe that's where it meant it potentially went but i checked there and nothing

Well checked again for like 45 minutes and still nothing :( I hiked all over that side of the hill looking in every spot that you highlighted and no hint of a drone anywhere even checked if it hit somewhere and would roll down. Hmm.

Someone could have picked it up after it landed. I'm sure it wasn't hard to see up there in the dark.

Yes it is very dark around there at night you cant see up there well at all and it is very hard to get up there, i was struggling to hike around there right now.. I have a couple friends that are going to help me look in a bit, as im taking a break right now. I'm guessing if someone did take it there's no way to try to trace it? Also what is this green line i see from where i lost the drone pointing to a blue arrow?

Anyway if the drone had landed without any damage with 60% battery left i would've still been getting a signal off from it, but i was never ever able to get any connection again or any signal once i initially lost it. So im thinking either it crashed or it kept flying in some direction. About to go hike and look some more for it in a bit anyway... So if any of you come up with some more ideas let me know. Thanks again.

Well just got back from looking for another hour and a half and still didn't find it :\

Hi, I just lost my Mavic Pro. Two days ago, my drone lost comunication betwen the remote control and the drone and never back to the home point too. I was flyng at an urban location in Argentina.

As this is from October 2017, did you find your drone yet ..?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair