DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help getting started

Berf

Reactions
I'm looking at the new DJI Air2S on Amazon as a first Drone purchase. I've flown a little before, and I understand the basics but I need some guidance on what other items I need to purchase with the drone. Amazon has the Drone listed for $999, but they also have what they call a "Fly More Combo" for $1,299. I'm wondering if the basic $999 Air2S comes with everything I will need to get up and running, or are there other peripherals I need to get to go with it? And what about chargers, controllers, and displays, do they come with it or do I just use my phone as the controller/display? As a newbie, is there something I should read to get myself fully up to speed before I purchase?

Last edited:
I'm looking at the new DJI Air2S on Amazon as a first Drone purchase. I've flown a little before, and I understand the basics but I need some guidance on what other items I need to purchase with the drone. Amazon has the Drone listed for $999, but they also have what they call a "Fly More Combo" for $1,299. I'm wondering if the basic $999 Air2S comes with everything I will need to get up and running, or are there other peripherals I need to get to go with it? And what about chargers, controllers, and displays, do they come with it or do I just use my phone as the controller/display? As a newbie, is there something I should read to get myself fully up to speed before I purchase?
You get everything needed to fly with a basic DJI drone purchase, except for the phone or tablet.
Hold off on loading up on accessories till you know what would be genuinely useful to you.

Thanks, one question, can I use an Ipad with it?
If it's not too old, it should work.
If it's not an iPad mini, you'll need an accessory holder to fit it to your controller though.

Yes read the manual while you wait for your drone to arrive you can download the manual on dji web site read as many times as possible im still learning things good luck stay safe and have fun flying .also get the fly more package it's worth it

Reactions: Bandit1
What are thoughts on the DJI Smart Controller? Is it worth spending the money on?
I don’t own one so I can’t speak from personal experience. This is what I’ve learned from posts on this and other forums: Pros: very bright screen, eliminates need of a phone; Cons: uses Ocusync 2 but Air2S uses Ocusync 3–still compatible but possibly a step back in technology, SC is old tech and in need of updating. Rumors are that DJI may release an updated SC early next year along with the Mavic3.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots