DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help recording myself

backslashv

Reactions
I want to record myself playing piano indoors using the drone flying in half circles with me in the center like so

eg_18_02_12_013006.gif
How can I achieve this? Thanks

You are not going to be able to do this reliably indoors, due to lack of a GPS signal.
Why not do it by hand with the MPP and a holder?
index.jpg

off the top of my head I'd get a polarpro katana, attach it to a ubar steadycam, a pipe insulator from a hardware store as a track, some tripod rollerskates, set on a raised platform and have a friend slowly roll the katana back and forth across the pipe insulator while you play.

but thats the safe camera rigger in me speaking :)

good luck!

Move the piano outside.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Problems:
• GPS indoors
• Noise generated by Mavic

Litchi might do this using a Waypoint mission providing you have solid GPS reception.

Last edited:
Reactions: jacob
The only audio you'll be recording is the sound of the drone. I wouldn't even test the theory of, "what if I can get a few satellites", as the sat-locks would all be coming from one direction - the nearest window - whereby tossing the drone into walls, ceiling...etc., as its geo position is constantly and incorrectly updated. Run with the other suggestions posted above.

The only audio you'll be recording is the sound of the drone. I wouldn't even test the theory of, "what if I can get a few satellites", as the sat-locks would all be coming from one direction - the nearest window - whereby tossing the drone into walls, ceiling...etc., as its geo position is constantly and incorrectly updated. Run with the other suggestions posted above.

Audio won't be a problem. Sound of the piano is recorded via a cable to my computer.

Right now it is a digital piano but later it will be a grand piano. I'm using a 1/4" to 3.5mm cable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent