DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help Registering with FAA

Staples

Reactions
So I finally got a Mavic pro 2 zoom after studying and drooling for years...

I thought all I had to do to become a licensed drone pilot was to complete a form on the FAA website. Now it looks like I have to go to a flight center and actually sit for a test???

Also, the FAA manual is huge! 524 pages... What do I actually have to know to pass a drone pilot test?

NJ resident.

If you're flying just for recreational purposes, you only need to go to faadronezone.faa.gov and register under Part 336. Sign up there, pay $5, and you'll get a registration number to put on your drones, and you're good to go.

If you want to fly for commercial purposes, then you'll have to take the big part 107 test

Reactions: PhantomFandom
wow thanks. because the FAA site didn't explain that well at all. I guess Pro's understand the FAA site but it wasn't clear to me. Thanks.

Yeah, they don't make it easy...

Just be aware, they've recently changed the rules. As of February 25th, you have to put your registration number on the outside of your drone (we used to be able to put them in the battery well)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Make sure you register under "Section 336" on the FAA's website here. There are some look-a-like sites offering FAA registration services.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000