DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with replacing board in mavic

rad-man

Reactions
Was flying, controller lost signal with mavic, while trying to troubleshoot mavic RTH and landed safely.

Didnt know what happened until i saw a new hole on lower side of mavic.
I decided to take the beast apart and discovered it had been shot with a pellet.

Called DJI, but they want me to send it in before they even quote me parts & labor.

Decided to buy a board off ebay and swap it in.
DJI Mavic Pro Parts: OEM Lower Control Board w/Vision Sensors | eBay

My question is: Do i need to program anything or "learn" the remote back to the new board?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Was flying, controller lost signal with mavic, while trying to troubleshoot mavic RTH and landed safely.

Didnt know what happened until i saw a new hole on lower side of mavic.
I decided to take the beast apart and discovered it had been shot with a pellet.

Called DJI, but they want me to send it in before they even quote me parts & labor.

Decided to buy a board off ebay and swap it in.
DJI Mavic Pro Parts: OEM Lower Control Board w/Vision Sensors | eBay

My question is: Do i need to program anything or "learn" the remote back to the new board?

Shooting at any kind of aircraft is highly illegal, i assume you reported that to the Police.

Guy's he Asked about fixing it so let keep this on that subject ..
He can make another thread about it getting shot then you can
inform him.
Welcome to the forum rad-man and your title isn't going to get you the help you need so am changing it for you . Start another in General Discussions and there give us the details of this incident .

Reactions: REDAGITATOR
rad-man did you test it out any with the new board installed? Take the props off and power it on, etc.

I mentioned Thunderdrones since he repairs busted drones, he would likely know the answer to your question.

rad-man did you test it out any with the new board installed? Take the props off and power it on, etc.

I mentioned Thunderdrones since he repairs busted drones, he would likely know the answer to your question.

I ordered that board last night (along with the ribbon that was damaged) and will hopefully receive it in the next few days.

I was hovering between 50-90 feet when it happened. There's only a handful of homes it could have come from, and yes, I know it's a federal offense to shoot at drones, but at this point, if I can fix it for ~$100, I'm not going to pursue legal action.

If the core board you bought is new, you will need to register the drone with DJI. You will also need to bind it with your controller.

Be careful but forceful taking the board out. You will need to take out your SD card before removing the board. Take out the screws holding down the board, then disconnect the core ribbons, the wifi board ribbon, and the 4 antenna wires. The board will pivot out if you pull it from the top and the right side. It's easier getting it back in than getting it out. Make sure when you seat the antenna wires on the new board that they are perfectly straight in or you can break a pin in one of them. They usually seat with a "snap." I use my thumbnail.

May the force be with you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851