DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help

if it is an android phone there is not much you can do about it,to help matters to a certain extent make sure you have as few apps as possible running in the background and make sure the phone is fully charged before you connect to the controller also turn off cache to device in the app

if it is an android phone there is not much you can do about it,to help matters to a certain extent make sure you have as few apps as possible running in the background and make sure the phone is fully charged before you connect to the controller also turn off cache to device in the app
thanks but do you thank the dji wheel fix it??

In Android, the device will charge you as you have it charged 100% ... The RC controller will be a power bank ... always ... In IOS there is an off and on button for this function ... On Android (DJI kicks you out blame the USB shardware design structure) .. NO .. until some hardware architecture engineer .. has a good solution ...
I use a Samsung Tab A 2019 tablet ... The percentage of the RC remote control battery consumed with this device on a standard flight (P mode) without the use of smart modes is around 23%.
Even when the tablet is 100% charged (the RC charges the same ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
what i meant by saying have the device fully charged, was not that it stopped the controller from charging the device,but to give you the best duration if you were flying multiple batteries

Reactions: scooot
On Android (DJI kicks you out blame the USB shardware design structure) .. NO .. until some hardware architecture engineer .. has a good solution ...
They could simply not have connected the wire sending power through the USB port of the controller ;)

what i meant by saying have the device fully charged, was not that it stopped the controller from charging the device,but to give you the best duration if you were flying multiple batteries

True, when the tablet is 100% charged the duration of the Rc "seems" to be extended ... But I think they are only "mirages" ...

A little info about it ... It won't solve the problem ... but it will help you understand how it works.
Structure of a Standard USB.
( Use the Google translator and voila .. ) ;)

They could simply not have connected the wire sending power through the USB port of the controller ;)
That goes against USB specs and could cause some Android devices to refuse to connect. Original USB specs state that the host (device acting like a PC, which is what the RC does in this configuration) is supposed to be capable of providing a connected device with 500mA. I suspect too that Android API doesn't natively provide a means to disable charging while the iOS does. Some brand phones might have "hacked" the OS and added that function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost