DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help

FStopMiami

Reactions
Please see the pictures posted. I need to know if this part can be sourced and replaced by me. The drone flies with no issues but the battery does not "click" securely on one side.

Attachments

• Drone2.jpg
    Drone2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • Drone1.jpg
    Drone1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
top cover? see on ebay or on the aliexpress - they sell em all. ebay will be more expensive, but, will ship faster.

search for yourself. it will require complete disassembly, of course - doable, but, well. see some youtubes on it first.

before unsoldering anything take pictures from 2 diff angles to be able to trace your steps back.

Reactions: FStopMiami
Looking at the picture Drone1.jpg, it looks like your battery is swelling, if it is swelling don't fly it - replace the battery.

Please see the pictures posted. I need to know if this part can be sourced and replaced by me. The drone flies with no issues but the battery does not "click" securely on one side.
The top cover is very simple to replace you don’t disconnect any wires just remove the front sensor cover and the screws on the top cover there are 6 screws and the top pries off the only thing is when you buy a top cover there is no serial number and the serial number is in the battery compartment you can go to you tube and get a demonstration on how to replace it good luck and yes make sure it not the battery that’s swollen which is causing your problems

The top cover is very simple to replace you don’t disconnect any wires just remove the front sensor cover and the screws on the top cover there are 6 screws and the top pries off the only thing is when you buy a top cover there is no serial number and the serial number is in the battery compartment you can go to you tube and get a demonstration on how to replace it good luck and yes make sure it not the battery that’s swollen which is causing your problems
Patrick

thank you very much , Do you have a link of where to best order the part I need other than the battery?

Thank you
Armando

Patrick

thank you very much , Do you have a link of where to best order the part I need other than the battery?

Thank you
Armando
I ordered my through eBay just go on eBay and search mavic 2 parts I just looked and they have one for $20.89

You should consider disposing the battery based on the risks of battery thermal expansion. I work for the fire department and I´ve seen first hand, lithium batteries suddenly starting to burn. It´s a fire a normal fire extinguisher can not handle.

Reactions: Tommy85

Thank you and yes, the battery will be disposed of properly. I have already ordered the replacement one.

Armando

Reactions: Mick M2P
Anyone have a link to a youtube video showing how to remove the top shell on the Ma vic2 Pro? I found a few for the mavic 2 but its not the same. tried removing all the visible screws but do to want to force part.

Thank you in advance
Armando

Anyone have a link to a youtube video showing how to remove the top shell on the Ma vic2 Pro? I found a few for the mavic 2 but its not the same. tried removing all the visible screws but do to want to force part.

Thank you in advance
Armando
There are 6 screws you have remove to take the top cover on the mavic 2
There are you can go to you tube and search how to replace the arm on a mavic 2 and it will show you how to remove the top cover

Mission completed, the screw removal was simple, its a little nerve racking making the drone speak and pop while removing the top cover. With the right tools it went perfectly and the drone is back to normal. Thanks everyone for their help and input.

Stay safe and healthy
Armando

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa