DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Longer Cable For Tablet Mount, But Most Aftermarket Cables Don't Fit?

Nonprophet

Reactions
I ordered this tablet holder for my MA2 RC. While I haven't received it yet, in holding my ipad mini 4 by the MA2 RC it seems unlikely that the stock DJI cables will be long enough. I ordered a longer cable off Amazon, but the end that plugs into the RC was too fat and wouldn't fit. Anyone has suggestions for longer cables that fit the MA2 RC?

I ordered this tablet holder for my MA2 RC. While I haven't received it yet, in holding my ipad mini 4 by the MA2 RC it seems unlikely that the stock DJI cables will be long enough. I ordered a longer cable off Amazon, but the end that plugs into the RC was too fat and wouldn't fit. Anyone has suggestions for longer cables that fit the MA2 RC?

Walmart. $1.
f1510e64cf60569e2382310c9c26354c.jpg

The one I bought for mine from Amazon didn't seem to fit, being too wide to make good connection into the RC. I gave it a little shove and it made its way in just fine. I don't think a little extra force will hurt if it is close.

Thanks everyone for you quick responses. I wound up getting this one, looks like it should be about perfect in length and only $9 shipped.

198CF03E-79E9-4686-800D-045850387A5B.jpegYou really want a right angle Lightning cable to better protect the Lightning port on your Mini. The stock cable easily fits the Mini, as seen in an etsy customer photo above, but for a full sized iPad, you need something longer. This is the one I got:

Last edited:
Seeing the picture of the controller with an ipad mounted, something occurred to me: could this arrangement make the strength of the connection between RC and AC weaker? Because the ipad seems to block a lot the RC antenna, that I assume is that black plastic part...

I use these. Long enough even to keep the tablet button on the right, where I like. Nice fit to usb without damage.
72F91047-B5A3-4863-AAC3-D0AAF21DD95D.jpeg

Reactions: WDKZoom

Hi

Drone Valley sells 30 ml cables that are high quality and perfect for tablets.. Check it out

I use these. Long enough even to keep the tablet button on the right, where I like. Nice fit to usb without damage.
View attachment 103177
View attachment 103177

I am not sure what drone your flying.....I have the Mavic zoom but this cable is a great fit though I have found that it does not connect to my phone until after I have turned on the remote and connected it too the drone. The DJI Go 4 on my phone does not see it until then. I was about to chalk it up to a $5.00 mistake until I came on this by accident.

Is this a fluke of the cable that I have or is it how its suppose to work?

WDK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98