DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need new tablet for my MPP

Blownmoney

Reactions
My 64G Ipad has reached the end of its life, no more OS updates and can not run the DJI 4 App.
Just looking for recomendations on a smaller tablet i can use with my controler, and i dont need cellular. What kind of OS and such, thanks in advance

From what I read, iOS devices seem to always stay ahead of the curve updates wise, so if you liked your iPad, just get the most recent one. They have several sizes. I'd say 9 or 10" would be optimal. I myself use the iPad pro 12.7" just because I have it, but I do admit that I find it too bulky mos of the times. I just don't want to get another tablet for flying only, so I use my iPhone XS Max usually.

Apple and iOS seem to be favored by DJI (except for Crystalsky). I’d recommend searching eBay, etc for a used tablet and you’ll also enjoy having more memory than 64Gb if you want to use caching flight info, etc. just be sure to wipe and initialize the device. Check out the thread Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Drone (The Complete Guide) | Phantom Help
For detailed info which may help you in selecting a device and settings. Happy flying again soon!

Last edited:
My 64G Ipad has reached the end of its life, no more OS updates and can not run the DJI 4 App.
Just looking for recomendations on a smaller tablet i can use with my controler, and i dont need cellular. What kind of OS and such, thanks in advance
It is highly anticipated that a ipad mini 5 will be released this spring.

A lot of news and youtube videos in anticipation of the release

Reactions: Blownmoney
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian