DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need newbie help w/ controller

GGehret

Reactions
Hello, I have been looking at all the files on my smart controller. (I have a Mavic 2 pro). Once I download all of my videos and photos to my computer I clear out all of the files in the controller storage and the cache and the drone sd card. I see that these is a "draft" folder containing date specific data on the controller. Do I need to clear that out too? I don't want to fill up storage space w/ needless files.

Also, to view my updated flight data, do I have to have the drone turned on too? I was checking out the smart controller info/files after my two flights tonight, and there's no record of those flights that I JUST took. I did NOT have the drone on when I looked--just the controller. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:
You should be able to set a limit to your cache on the controller I think it’s the same 2GB limit as the GO app has on iOS or normal Android devices.

Paul C

You should be able to set a limit to your cache on the controller I think it’s the same 2GB limit as the GO app has on iOS or normal Android devices.

Paul C
Okay, I can do that. But, are those files something I should keep in the 2gb, or can I delete them? I don't want to mess anything up if those are something I need to keep. These are in the DRAFT folder. THks

For me , Rhe only files that matter are on the micro SD card. The cache files tend to be lower res than the files on the card. I only save the files on my card and never use the cache. I also believe the cache files are what DJIGO4 uses to create the short videos you can create with DJIGO4. I don’t think it uses the files on your card.

Paul C

For me , Rhe only files that matter are on the micro SD card. The cache files tend to be lower res than the files on the card. I only save the files on my card and never use the cache. I also believe the cache files are what DJIGO4 uses to create the short videos you can create with DJIGO4. I don’t think it uses the files on your card.

Paul C
OKay, thanks for the info. That makes sense as to what the app uses that info. for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore