DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need recommendation for 7" or 8" android tablet under $100

motopokep

Reactions
Can someone recommend a 7 or an 8 inch android tablet, not over $100, that has GPS built in it, enough CPU power to run DJI software, and is not known for compatibility issues?

I found some by Asus and Acer, both budget brands...anyone had issues with these? I'll keep searching.

Last edited:
Don't get a galaxy tab a. It's extremely slow trying to run Go4. You need something with more ram. Unfortunately that won't be under $100

Reactions: ksmusa
I am planning to try a Lenovo Tab 4 - 8" with my Mavic within the next few days. Refurbished on eBay $58.00. 2gb ram and Android Nougat. I've been using the same tablet with a Phantom 4 Pro and Go4/Pix4d with no problems. New they are about $120.00. More than 2gb ram will increase price quite a a bit.

How is the screen in daylight? What mount do you use.
Thanks.
Is ok and I'm happy with it. I recently got a sun shield to help, but the weather been so bad I haven't tried it. I use one of the foldable mounts, I think mines by skyreat. Got it from Amazon.

I wanted a cheap-ish tablet that I could dedicate to the Mavic and keep it offline (no more forced updates). I bought an ASUS Zenpad 8.0 from Amazon. Make sure your tablet has GPS on board. I paid $126. The screen is bright, but it can’t achieve the brightness settings of Apple products. I cleared the bloatware off the tablet. DJI Go 4 runs without issue (tablet has 2GB of ram and 16GB of expandable storage). This will be great for morning or evening flights or flight where you have enough shade to view the screen.

I wanted a cheap-ish tablet that I could dedicate to the Mavic and keep it offline (no more forced updates). I bought an ASUS Zenpad 8.0 from Amazon. Make sure your tablet has GPS on board. I paid $126. The screen is bright, but it can’t achieve the brightness settings of Apple products. I cleared the bloatware off the tablet. DJI Go 4 runs without issue (tablet has 2GB of ram and 16GB of expandable storage). This will be great for morning or evening flights or flight where you have enough shade to view the screen.
Ol. Thanks

Following a recommendation on here, i bought the Acer Iconia which is an 8" tablet, on at Canada Computers for $138 bucks, thing works as well as my Nividia shield dedicated to my P3A. no lag, no dropouts, ever.
Last winter, my numb fingers made me fumble the Acer , dropped on its edge & broke one corner of the surround right off, piece of screen fell out exposing the internal board & it still fired up with no issues, little work horse!
Seems you MUST get the Iconia with the MedTek processor, other one is no where near as fast, i;m told.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242