DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need recommendations for repair

mmtphoto

Reactions
I was a longtime owner of a phantom 3 standard, had well over 400 miles and 100 hours on it without a crash, and sold it when I got my mavic pro-it flys great,, very steady, but I have been flying it indoors (gently) with no issues-until Friday when I put it in tripod mode, and it was all good for a few minutes but at one point just drifted on it's own and gently crashed into a shelf, broke one prop-now i have no video feed, and the gimbel is kind of erratic-it moves but is all over the place and does not seem to know how to orient itself now. It is still attached, and does not appear to be damaged at all, so I need to send it out to get if fixed. I'm not really interested in sending it into DJI for repair since I have read for years on these and other forums that they take forever, are not easy to deal with, and can cause more problems than solve them. I did contact one outfit that, after investigating, I'd rather not deal with-some very negative reviews, they wanted everything (including battery and 'cables' which seemed odd to me, why if they repaired Mavics would they need a battery or cable? Also they, apparently as a matter of course, replace the camera and gimbel rather than repairing them, which I thought was really nice especially since I would have no way of knowing if that was necessary or if, in fact, they actually did that-how would I know?
I need a recommendation for a company that is honest, reliable, and fairly prompt for my repair. I bought another Mavic Pro anyway since I use this for my work, so I figured I might as well get another, but I do not want to go sight unseen into this without feedback. Thanks for any replies, I did not name names as to the company I did contact, but they gave me an uneasy feeling with their responses, I'll share that info with anyone who contacts me directly.
Thanks for any help.

Thank you for the mention @JeepDSL

I repair Mavics every day and Im located in Georgia.

Here are some reviews of my work:

Poll: Happy with purchase/repair from Thunderdrones?

And here is a link about what to send and my fees.

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Ok I will send it to you in a couple of days, but just curious, why would you need a battery? I'd prefer to just send the bird and the controller.

BTW I used to live in Norcross, just off Jimmy Carter Blvd., years ago. I bet it is really built up now, that was over 30 years ago.

Ok I will send it to you in a couple of days, but just curious, why would you need a battery? I'd prefer to just send the bird and the controller.

BTW I used to live in Norcross, just off Jimmy Carter Blvd., years ago. I bet it is really built up now, that was over 30 years ago.

Good question. During a repair, I always make sure that all components are functioning well together and there are no error messages. The only way I can do that is by having the battery, controller, and bird all together at the same time. If one of them doesn't have the correct firmware, when I return it to you it will not be ready and safe to fly. I make sure that before I send it back, all systems are go.

30 years is a long time ago in Atlanta with all the building going on here after the Olympics in 96 and the flood of people who moved here. That was before they built the GA400 expressway, and maybe before traffic got as bad as it is now. These days, Jimmy Carter Blvd has been built up entirely, and I dont think there is a tree left on the entire road. You have to go alot further north to get into farm country these days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS