DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need recommendations

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
After 5 months of reliable operation, my Mavic developed a serious problem with the HD transmission back to my Samsung Note4 Android phone. The video feed is scrambled just like the old-fashioned cable programming scramble, where you can vaguely make out what the camera sees. When I turn the drone, the scrambled picture lags badly.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:
  • Factory reset the MP using Assistant, then refreshed the most current firmware
  • Deleted and re-installed DJI GO 4
  • Attempted factory reset with 2 different Mavic RCs; in both cases, factory reset failed. Proceeded to refresh firmware on both. Problem exists with either RC, leading me to suspect the MP itself. I would be interested to know if others have seen the "factory reset failed" error when attempting on the RC.
  • Turned off McAfee virus protection on my Android. This is the only thing I have installed that might be causing phone problems.
  • Tested the phone using my older P3P; the video feed was flawless from the P3P. I know this does not eliminate the phone as a potential cause, but it narrows the possibility.

Is my next step to send the MP to DJI? Any other experience you might have had to give me a direction to look?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Just thinking of all possibilities have you tried a different cable? Maybe a pin is bad or something inside the one you are using now. I would also try a different device with your Mavic, even though it works with your P3P. Would be nice if you had access to another remote controller and Mavic also, switch up everything to see what device is causing the issue. I know with me every other time DJI pushed some update something else caused my app to crash or video to lag or some adverse effect. Could actually be that you updated. Try going to apkmirror and downloading an older version of DJI Go 4 to see if that solves the video issue. I'd try a different cable and older app if nothing else.
Also, just food for thought, always go for a high quality brand cable for your Mavic, cheap ones won't cut it sometimes, I like the Anker brand, very flexible.

Last edited:
Reactions: FWD
If you have recently updated the Mavic firmware to V1.4.0100 and GO4 app to V4.1.18 this down to these updates and not a hardware fault.

I would revert your GO4 to a previous version ( V4.1.14 ) as this should correct the video feed issue.

You did not mention what version of Go 4 you were using but I am willing to bet you were caught by another buggy update. I finally got a setup to work great on my Tab A just to get hosed by an update I did not ask for. 4.1.18 hosed my video like you describe so I downgraded to 4.1.15 and stopped auto updates. Works great now.

Reactions: cderoche
Hi
I have a heavily pixelated feed and the problem persisted after the latest 4.2.8 update?
The pixelation occurs in many different locations and I am using a Samsung Note 4. and 10.1. I have also tried other cables.
Any advice?
Cheers

Go back and "unchange" whatever you did just before your feed scrambled. You did something, hopefully, just one change...
Whatever it was, more than likely the culprit.

Just thinking of all possibilities have you tried a different cable? Maybe a pin is bad or something inside the one you are using now. I would also try a different device with your Mavic, even though it works with your P3P. Would be nice if you had access to another remote controller and Mavic also, switch up everything to see what device is causing the issue. I know with me every other time DJI pushed some update something else caused my app to crash or video to lag or some adverse effect. Could actually be that you updated. Try going to apkmirror and downloading an older version of DJI Go 4 to see if that solves the video issue. I'd try a different cable and older app if nothing else.
Also, just food for thought, always go for a high quality brand cable for your Mavic, cheap ones won't cut it sometimes, I like the Anker brand, very flexible.
I have a very similar problems with my old Samsung s5, the video feed goes all pixely and there is serious lag with AC and gimbal movement. It occurred to me after a recent update and is (I'm sure) caused by my device being old and not that powerful. I'm guessing if you started using an iPad mini4 or other such more powerful device that your problem would disappear. Just my 2 cents. -CF

Great...I just was gifted an S5, I was thinking of using it as a dedicated device for the pro. Think I will have trouble? I worry using my cell because it's jammed full of junk.

Great...I just was gifted an S5, I was thinking of using it as a dedicated device for the pro. Think I will have trouble? I worry using my cell because it's jammed full of junk.
It's not terrible, just every 5 or so flights it crashes and does what is mentioned above. Usually it's close enough to bring it back ok, but on one long range (6mile) run it crashed coming back with still a mile to go. I shaved it pretty close that time. I'd give a try around the house before ranging more abroad though. Good luck! -CF

Reactions: joejaxvic123
S5? isnt that from like 2014 or so? Arent they on s9 now?
Maybe the software is too much for the older technology?

S5? isnt that from like 2014 or so? Arent they on s9 now?
Maybe the software is too much for the older technology?
I swear I wrote that in my post but its not there! I think I was writing it in my brain and forgot to type it :rolleyes:. Anyway, I came to the same conclusion and am thinking of upgrading to an iPhone 6 or something... Thanks for picking up where I left off. -CF

if I remember right, S5 is a quad core chip? The S9 is 8. Might be they are updating software to run on newer more capable phones and tablets, and the old S5's just arent up to the task.
so if old firmware/software works, stay there till you get a more capable device.

I think the OP's note 4 is also 2014 release. little bit more processor, but still quad core.
Not sure this means anything, but it makes sense.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest