DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need some clarity: editing RAW in ACR vs Lightroom

Coskier

Reactions
I have been reading numerous posts about people editing their RAW files in ACR. I imagine I have ACR and Lightroom both, since I am using Lightroom CC/ Photoshop CC. My question then, is am I using ACR via Lightroom when I am editing in LR? The reason I ask is that I also keep seeing that the RAW Profile for the M3 photos is included in the RAW files, but when I do something like Lens Correction in LR, I do not see an M3 option. I think the newest in that list is the MPP. Kind of confused as to what the right tool to edit these RAW files (and get the right lens correction) should be.

Many thanks.

I have been reading numerous posts about people editing their RAW files in ACR. I imagine I have ACR and Lightroom both, since I am using Lightroom CC/ Photoshop CC. My question then, is am I using ACR via Lightroom when I am editing in LR? The reason I ask is that I also keep seeing that the RAW Profile for the M3 photos is included in the RAW files, but when I do something like Lens Correction in LR, I do not see an M3 option. I think the newest in that list is the MPP. Kind of confused as to what the right tool to edit these RAW files (and get the right lens correction) should be.

Many thanks.
The M3 files have embedded lens corrections wether you edit them in ACR, Lightroom CC, or Lightroom Classic CC. There’s nothing you have to do, it’s done automatically. You couldn’t disable it if you wanted to.

The M3 files have embedded lens corrections wether you edit them in ACR, Lightroom CC, or Lightroom Classic CC. There’s nothing you have to do, it’s done automatically. You couldn’t disable it if you wanted to.

I feel like I still see distortion when I import them. But I will look closer.

Thank you.

Adobe Raw will choose the correct type of raw to load your image allowing you to work with it. It will not do lens correction automatically upon loading. If you want lens correction you will need to open the optics tab and choose either profile or manual. If you choose profile, Adobe Raw will get what it can from the metadata and display the lens data to you. You can then choose to have Adobe correct it automatically or use manual controls.

You can also make a manual correction as DavidLee says in Lightroom and then save it as a preset so that every time an image from this device is loaded, the manual correction will be automatically applied

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR