DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need some Help/Advice: Smart Controller acting up with my MA2-Both have current updates

crash3x

Reactions
The last two times I used my MA2 and Smart Controller everything was completely out of whack. The SM was beeping non stop when I got a few feet off the ground, sometimes it would stop for a minute and then start up again, didn't really matter what altitude I was at, it would start randomly beeping non stop with no obstructions around, also at times my MA2 wouldn't respond to the SC stick control, it wouldn't go backwards, sometimes wouldn't forward-wards, the stick movement would just sporadically stop responding then start again, it was the most bizarre thing.

I've been flying at the same spot for like three years, right on the beach, unobstructed, no obstacles around, no flight restrictions, I never had an issue at this spot with my Mavic Air, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, seems to just be my MA2 and my SC. I've flown here a few months back and no issues, MA2 with SC, but now something is definitely up!

No I have not tried the stock remote yet, yes it would make sense to try and single things out but I did not have it with me both times, I just assumed the first time was a fluke.
Compass calibrated, IMU says it's fine, No warnings on the screen, It seems to be a MA2 / SC issue.

Soooo the big question is, has anyone experienced the same or similar issue with there MA2 & SC, and if so, what was the fix? Any suggestions on what to try? Maybe it was the latest SC update that screwed things up?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I've had similar issues. I fly the MA2 with the smart controller as well. The DJI fly app keeps crashing and freezing up. I have reached out to the forum for help. Hope we get an answer. DJI tech support is garbage. They can't help with anything.

I've had similar issues. I fly the MA2 with the smart controller as well. The DJI fly app keeps crashing and freezing up. I have reached out to the forum for help. Hope we get an answer. DJI tech support is garbage. They can't help with anything.
So far, for me, the app hasn't crashed, yet... It just keeps acting crazy, non stop rapid beeping and at times no stick control, makes me nervous to keep using the SC.

Does your stock/factory MA2 remote work without any problems? I haven't been able to test mine, the weather is crappy so it'll be a few days.

Pls let me know what DJI says.. Thanks!

The last two times I used my MA2 and Smart Controller everything was completely out of whack. The SM was beeping non stop when I got a few feet off the ground, sometimes it would stop for a minute and then start up again, didn't really matter what altitude I was at, it would start randomly beeping non stop with no obstructions around, also at times my MA2 wouldn't respond to the SC stick control, it wouldn't go backwards, sometimes wouldn't forward-wards, the stick movement would just sporadically stop responding then start again, it was the most bizarre thing.

I've been flying at the same spot for like three years, right on the beach, unobstructed, no obstacles around, no flight restrictions, I never had an issue at this spot with my Mavic Air, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, seems to just be my MA2 and my SC. I've flown here a few months back and no issues, MA2 with SC, but now something is definitely up!

No I have not tried the stock remote yet, yes it would make sense to try and single things out but I did not have it with me both times, I just assumed the first time was a fluke.
Compass calibrated, IMU says it's fine, No warnings on the screen, It seems to be a MA2 / SC issue.

Soooo the big question is, has anyone experienced the same or similar issue with there MA2 & SC, and if so, what was the fix? Any suggestions on what to try? Maybe it was the latest SC update that screwed things up?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I am also having issues with the SC and the Air 2. I set rth at 200 ft. and both times it ascended to max altitude before coming back. I also tried a "dronie" and it would not perform it and I get the message that there is an obstacle when there was none. Also can't get maps via my cell phone hot spot. It always worked when I had the M2P.

This may not be your problem but I had a similar experience. I have the smart controller and MA-2 also. Many times I took off, the controller would start beeping incessantly with the drone only a few feet off the ground. I was about to submit a question on this forum. After a little investigation, I found it was the obstacle avoidance beeping because of me or my car nearby. As soon as I moved the drone away or moved my take-off point away, the beeping went away.

This may not be your problem but I had a similar experience. I have the smart controller and MA-2 also. Many times I took off, the controller would start beeping incessantly with the drone only a few feet off the ground. I was about to submit a question on this forum. After a little investigation, I found it was the obstacle avoidance beeping because of me or my car nearby. As soon as I moved the drone away or moved my take-off point away, the beeping went away.
Thanks, in fact, my car was right behind me!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa