DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need to understand why Mini 2 is disconnecting

f13dfx

Reactions
New Mini 2 owner, sold my Mavic 2 Pro cause the area were I live is a NFZ about 6km from our International Airport. So launched my Mini 2 in our local elementary school parking lot. Got the height restriction & warnings, then hit OK. Had 23 satellites & once RTH was set took off. Noticed at around 50m that I was getting a weak signal warning, that went away. Flew away about 200 meters then all of a sudden got disconnected. Had VLOS, so just steered Mini 2 back til I got connection restored. This is the first time I’ve flown in a NFZ due to never being able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro in this area. Almost every household in our area has Wifi. So could there be that much interference that caused the disconnection? One other thing is that I didn’t have a memory card installed, although I wasn’t planning on recording. Just basically flying around getting to see the neighborhood from above. Software & firmware are all current. Any tips on how to better signal reception (ie. 5GHz, Transmission settings, etc.) would be greatly appreciated!

Flew away about 200 meters then all of a sudden got disconnected. Had VLOS, so just steered Mini 2 back til I got connection restored...
Doesn't sound like you got disconnected as you could fly & control it back ... check your usb cable, seems like you instead disconnected your mobile device from the RC.

Doesn't sound like you got disconnected as you could fly & control it back ... check your usb cable, seems like you instead disconnected your mobile device from the RC.
That’s the first thing I checked. Connection was nice & snug. Could interference be that bad?

I've had my Mini 2 for 5 months and I fly it several times a week. I push the distance limits on it but always within line of sight. I've never had any problems at all. You didn't mention what kind of phone you have. I switched to a smart controller because in New Mexico our hot, bright sun made it hard to see on my iPhone, but I never had any connection problems with the phone either. Is this something that needs to be discussed with DJI? I wish you luck.

That’s the first thing I checked. Connection was nice & snug. Could interference be that bad?
You had a working control connection... a "interference that bad" would have disconnected everything & your craft would have initiated RTH.

Try with another cable & pay a close attention to that the connector really gets fully seated if you have a case on your phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots