DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neewer line of filters, thumbs up or down ?

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m looking into purchasing some filters for my MP, and I would like to know if anyone has used or is using the neewer line of filters? Your opinions on this would help me decide if I should spend and go with this line 2nd choice freewell or the polar pro which of course I know are great. Concentrating on video footage but also taking lots of photos as well. TIA.

I use Neewer as well for the Canon , the Sony(s) and the Mavic. No problem with it.

Reactions: Carb63
I have neweer 8, 16 and 32 nd filters and they work fine - set to manual iso to 100 and try to get your exposure and twice your frame rate with bottom right wheel once you are in the air and focused on the subject or terrain

Just from looking at Amazon, Neewer has SEVERAL versions of MP1 filters out there. I have a version that has worked well, but I don't really like how they mount. There is a strip of foam around the inside that provides the friction pressure to keep it on, but it also has a tendency to bunch when installing. I tried the newest version I could find out there, and they have aluminum strips on the inside that work better (more like PolarPro), but the glass was cheaper and they seem to be more poorly assembled. One of them had a noticeable defect that distorted the image. If you want to be sure, spend the money for the better stuff - but if you want to try them, just buy them somewhere with a good return policy.

By the way, after the defective Neewer set, I bought a Freewell set - and the version I got of those used the foam strips too and are harder to install. I haven't found the perfect solution other than spending the money on PolarPro. (I have a few PolarPro filters that I got from BB, but not a full set - and they are great).

My two cents.
LP

Just from looking at Amazon, Neewer has SEVERAL versions of MP1 filters out there. I have a version that has worked well, but I don't really like how they mount. There is a strip of foam around the inside that provides the friction pressure to keep it on, but it also has a tendency to bunch when installing. I tried the newest version I could find out there, and they have aluminum strips on the inside that work better (more like PolarPro), but the glass was cheaper and they seem to be more poorly assembled. One of them had a noticeable defect that distorted the image. If you want to be sure, spend the money for the better stuff - but if you want to try them, just buy them somewhere with a good return policy.

By the way, after the defective Neewer set, I bought a Freewell set - and the version I got of those used the foam strips too and are harder to install. I haven't found the perfect solution other than spending the money on PolarPro. (I have a few PolarPro filters that I got from BB, but not a full set - and they are great).

My two cents.
LP
Thx. That will finalize my decision. When I first got my MP I purchased their line and that was a waste of money. So now since I’m diving in to teaching myself how to take better videos and photos I really want to try to maximize the time up in the air with quality equipment.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Cool... In reality I don't have an issue with the Neewer stuff, it just seems to be a crapshoot and thought you should be aware of it.

FWIW, the PolarPro filters I have aren't the standard Cinema or Vivid collection type ones. There's a 3 pack I got from Bestbuy and seem to be a cheaper line. They run $50, but they occasionally go on sale for $25, which was when I grabbed them. They fit really well and go on easily. I've been waiting for them to go on sale again so I can get another set for my other Mavic. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarp...o-and-platinum-3-pack/5707614.p?skuId=5707614

BTW, if you get filters, I'd also recommend picking up a drone pen. I use the lens pen with all my photo equipment and I love it - but the head is too big for the drone filters. The drone pen works great for me. Again, just my thoughts/opinions.

LP

For me and my drones, I have Neewers... they do a good job on my Mavic Air. I'm very happy with them. Matter of fact I'm getting a set for the Mavic Zoom. Today I had the opportunity to use ND16 on the MA and all I can say is WOW... the video was shown to a fellow whom has a video production business said to me that he was impressed with the clips. So in a nutshell, the Neewer filters got some thumbs up from a seasoned Professional Videographer.

So for all you folks saying 'I have Neewer filters and they work fine', how about posting a link to the version you have. Here are the ones I've found, and the reason I still say it's a crap shoot. I've tried to grab only sets that look physically different. I suspect some differences may be in multicoating and included filters, but since most of them look different, I have no idea which ones seem to work best.

These are the ones I bought first, and they work great, but they use a foam strip inside to grip the cam - and that strip has a tendency to bunch up after a time. Amazon.com : Neewer Multi-coated 5 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Quadcopter Includes: UV, CPL, ND4, ND8 and ND16 Filter, Made of Ultra High Definition Glass and Aluminum Thread Frame : Gateway

These are the ones I bought second, and they don't use the foam strip, are lighter, but are more poorly put together. One of them had a defective piece of glass that distorted the image. Amazon.com : Neewer 6 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Pro - UV, CPL, ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 Filter, Made of Optical Glass and Aluminum Alloy Frame (Black) : Gateway

There are also these:

As you can see, this is why 'Neewer filters work great' cause me a bit of consternation....

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots