DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

network connection required

Ignore it.

Fire up the aircraft at home with the WiFi for a couple of minutes to check for updates and cache the map before you fly.

You don't need to be connected to anything for a flight.

I have flown and still fly with devices that don't have a sim card, data plan or WiFi for a connection.

In fact, turning on AIRPLANE MODE has been suggested for a safer flight without apps, texts, etc. interrupting the flight.

If you need to unlock a GEO zone or get LAANC approval for a flight, you should be able to do it from home on a PC before you go.

Jodel, I think you're in Quebec? maximum altitude allowed anywhere in Canada without an SFOC in 400 feet.

I also get the same notification, i was just flying right now i have a mavic mini 2 and got an alert in the middle of the screen 'Network Connection Required" what is that

I also get the same notification, i was just flying right now i have a mavic mini 2 and got an alert in the middle of the screen 'Network Connection Required" what is that

Nothing to worry about. Just "ignore" it and continue with your flight.

A lot of pilots may fly somewhere that is far from any type of internet / cell connection and everything is fine.

I think it's DJI's way of covering their assets to insure that you have the latest information available to you before you fly. Maps, updates, etc. can be checked at home before flight.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Hello,

So I wanted to go do a mapping of a site, with my Mavic 2 EA, that is in controlled airspace. I used my phone and Aloft app to get authorization for 100ft, and received the confirmation text. Headed to the site, tried to take off but got the Geofencing warning that had me check the boxes for "I am authorized to fly in this area" and "I accept responsibility for my flight" to unlock. Hit OK, then get a Tips Box "Network unavailable. Please check your connection". Tried to set up my iphone as a hotspot with wifi and then with bluetooth but without any luck. I never got to fly the site.

Pretty frustrating. Does anyone have any tips?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS