DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Network Error" on the App when flying in "Restricted Zone"

Gloveberg

Reactions
Just a quick question guys....yesterday while out on the motorcycle we stopped in a small West Texas town for lunch and I wanted to fly the Mavic around to get some shots. Well apparently there's an old airfield nearby so basically the whole town was "restricted airspace" and I received a message on the app about authorization but when I clicked on it the app would crash with a "network error". Was it because I was using the Huawei Elate with no sim card as my screen so there was no cellular signal plus I wasn't hooked up to WIFI? Before I fly should I connect the Elate to my regular phone using it's WIFI hotspot?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!!!

I suppose it tries to get an authorization code but cant due to no network available?
I've never used this feature.
You might hope it would say unsuccessful rather than just crash.

Sounds like the app was trying to phone home with the data and experienced a connectivity error causing it to shut down. I just get acknowledgement queries about airspace. I’m sure the data is sent to some server.

That's why I have never updated my AC/Controller/anything from date of purchase/unboxing over a year ago.
.400 on the AC, and zero issues.
Period.

Reactions: hjmavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser