DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New 2S, right control stick not centered

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I flew for the first time today and noticed the right control stick is not physically centered (aiming slightly downward) and the "tension" when I pull down on it seems to be less than the left one. I am able to complete the calibration but I wonder if I should contact DJI about this or not be concerned?

It might be fine to use like that, but as a new item, you'd expect it to be fairly even . . . it sounds like it isn't right for some reason.
Can't hurt to let them know and get a replacement.
If new like that, you might be able to return to place of purchase (if not bought DJI directly) and get a whole new 2S replacement.

Reactions: RMS001
It might be fine to use like that, but as a new item, you'd expect it to be fairly even . . . it sounds like it isn't right for some reason.
Can't hurt to let them know and get a replacement.
If new like that, you might be able to return to place of purchase (if not bought DJI directly) and get a whole new 2S replacement.

I thought of that, and Amazon definately would take it back, but I bought DJI Refresh which is bound to that specific drone. Not sure if they would transfer it. I'm sure DJI won't do a "cross-ship" so I'd be without my controller for probably a couple weeks.

I thought of that, and Amazon definately would take it back, but I bought DJI Refresh which is bound to that specific drone. Not sure if they would transfer it. I'm sure DJI won't do a "cross-ship" so I'd be without my controller for probably a couple weeks.
Ask them (Amazon)
DJI will transfer it if they send a new drone.
You really just need a controller.

Ask them (Amazon)
DJI will transfer it if they send a new drone.
You really just need a controller.

DJI won't transfer but they will refund. They will only transfer if I got a replacement under REFRESH. Amazon didn't sell me REFRESH, DJI did when I first registered the drone. Amazon will definitely take back the drone for up to 30 days. Just as easy to send it back and reorder at the same time.

Do what ever it takes to get a new controller and not pay for another refresh. I don't think I have heard of that happening before since it's spring loaded to the center.