DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New A2S, autotrack

ChattaroyJack

Reactions
New drone, when I touch screen to begin autotrack I do not get the green dot with the plus, I get a yellow square with a “sun” icon. I am technically challenged and attempt to learn with this forum and utube. Haven’t seen this situation arise so I am thinking it is something I am not understanding as opposed to equipment malfunction. Any help would be appreciated.

New drone, when I touch screen to begin autotrack I do not get the green dot with the plus, I get a yellow square with a “sun” icon. I am technically challenged and attempt to learn with this forum and utube. Haven’t seen this situation arise so I am thinking it is something I am not understanding as opposed to equipment malfunction. Any help would be appreciated.
I get that weirdness also and still haven't really figured it out. Sometimes I get the green and other times I don't. Two things I think I've screwed up at the time.. I'm still working on figuring out what I did wrong. I think the times I got messed up I was already recording and/or was in picture mode versus video mode. I think the error I was making was trying to start active track while already recording. I'll be watching the video posted above again and practicing some more later today. I need to get this down because I'm taking a fishing trip this weekend and really want to get some video of the boat running.

lol ignore what I posted above, every video I've watched now they were already recording when they started active track. Guess I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

When I am in flight, in video mode, I just drag my finger across the object I want to track. Then it gives you your options at the bottom of the screen. Once you select the option you want, you press the start indicator icon.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I have seen these in my search. When UOSocial presses on his screen the green dot comes up. I get the aforementioned yellow square and sun.
lol ignore what I posted above, every video I've watched now they were already recording when they started active track. Guess I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Another member contacted me (Thanks Chuck) and suggested to go to the “control tab” in the app and see that “subject scanning” is activated. Mine was not, moved it to blue and now I am golden! Try that Zen and let us know if that is your solution also.

Another member contacted me (Thanks Chuck) and suggested to go to the “control tab” in the app and see that “subject scanning” is activated. Mine was not, moved it to blue and now I am golden! Try that Zen and let us know if that is your solution also.
My control tab was defaulted to ON when i got it. I suppose. I have no problems with tracking. The aircraft needs to be in flight, on video mode, but not recording. Then you drag your finger across a subject on the screen. Then a menu at the bottom of the screen pops up.

Mine was off, it's raining here in Charleston so I'll see if I can get it worked out later. I did fly for a minute or two and was able to green box a couple subjects real quick. I did notice that subject scanning turned off when I landed. I'll be interested to see if it automatically turns back on when I fly again later. Also noticed that smart shots wasn't available while subject scanning is on so it's possible I turned scanning off in my first couple of flights and just never turned it back on. Thanks for the help, I definitely need more time in this app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka