DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2S firmware issued today

melmartin

Reactions
Drone: v02.04.2040
RC: v04.12.0046

I updated through my Smart controller rather than the stock controller with no issues.

· Added the “Trimmed Download" feature. (not sure what that is)
· Supports the “Auto Sync HD Photos” feature.
· Extended battery self-discharge duration from 4 days to 9 days. (you'll have to update all your batteries with your controller. After you do the aircraft update it will ask you to update the current battery, calling it a 'firmware update'. Then put your other batteries in and your controller will alert you that each battery needs a firmware update.

Sounds like a good feature. Wonder if they fixed some of the numerous bugs that have appeared? Think they need a better version of the Fly app.

Last edited:
I am wondering if this new firmware update for the Air 2s is such a good idea with regards to extending the battery life self discharge from 5 days to 9 days. Would this possibly shorten the life of the battery with this change? I hope that DJI is not making this change in order sell more batteries down the road. I am certainly hesitating to do the upgrade. Any further comments? Thanks Mr Mint

I updated through my Smart controller rather than the stock controller with no issues.

· Extended battery self-discharge duration from 4 days to 9 days. (you'll have to update all your batteries with your controller. After you do the aircraft update it will ask you to update the current battery, calling it a 'firmware update'. Then put your other batteries in and your controller will alert you that each battery needs a firmware update.
Firmware Update update didn't quite go as described above but aircraft did update and noticed battery light blinking so I think that battery did update.

After firmware update finished no other indication that it wanted to do anything else, put second battery in and checked for updates in FLY app and said I was all set.

is there any to check battery firmware Ver. number?? would like to see if my 3 batteries match.
thanks for the info.

Thanks for the tip about updating all my batteries!

Firmware Update update didn't quite go as described above but aircraft did update and noticed battery light blinking so I think that battery did update.

After firmware update finished no other indication that it wanted to do anything else, put second battery in and checked for updates in FLY app and said I was all set.

is there any to check battery firmware Ver. number?? would like to see if my 3 batteries match.
thanks for the info.
It may take a minute or so to check your other batteries. Put them in, then run the Fly app. It's a good idea to close the app between battery checks. Since this is new battery firmware, none of your existing batterie will have the update unless you update them with this new firmware.

Hi noticed you are using your smart controller with your 2s how are you finding the lag was hoping for a cure soon but doesnt seem to be coming

Hi noticed you are using your smart controller with your 2s how are you finding the lag was hoping for a cure soon but doesnt seem to be coming
I have not seen the lag some others have complained about, but I don't doubt their reports. Every so often the video seems to skip a frame or two, but it's not objectionable. It doesn't seem to be related to distance, just a momentary signal glitch. On the other hand, the Air 2S and SC didn't used to do that, so I'm sure it's a software issue that can be fixed. It doesn't seem to show up on the actual video, just viewing the stream on the SC. In general, I find the SC so much better than using a phone that even if this glitch is not fixed, it's an easy choice to go with the SC. My $.02.

I have not seen the lag some others have complained about, but I don't doubt their reports. Every so often the video seems to skip a frame or two, but it's not objectionable. It doesn't seem to be related to distance, just a momentary signal glitch. On the other hand, the Air 2S and SC didn't used to do that, so I'm sure it's a software issue that can be fixed. It doesn't seem to show up on the actual video, just viewing the stream on the SC. In general, I find the SC so much better than using a phone that even if this glitch is not fixed, it's an easy choice to go with the SC. My $.02.
agreed mate i am putting up with, would not swap my sc for anything love it

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I also fly my 2s with a sc and have no issues. I’m very happy with the purchase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000