DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2S, No Yaw Control Out of the Box

dj3183

Reactions
Recently purchased a DJI Air 2S.
After updating the firmware, placing the proper propellers on the proper motors, calibrating it, etc., I flew today for the first time. The drone does not yaw right or left. The left joystick allows it to go up and down; the right joystick is fully functioning going forward, backwards, left, and right. I have the RC controller set on Mode 2 (normal mode).

UPDATE: I believe that I found my problem if someone will confirm. When I was flying it, I drew a green box around an object, as though I wanted the camera to follow that object. I forgot to delete that green box and tried flying elsewhere. It wouldn’t yaw. So I’m guessing that the reason it wouldn’t yaw is that it was continuing to want to try to fly to capture that object. I tried it again, and this time deleted the box, and they drone flew fine.

Last edited:
There is a setting I believe to turn this on and off. Don't remember right off hand where it is though in the settings menu. Let me check and will get back to you.

Reactions: Mike49
It's under the safety menu in the DJI Fly app as Disable Sideways Flight, You can toggle it on or off.

The OP is talking about yaw, i.e. turning the drone clockwise or anticlockwise. They are not talking about flying sideways, that is controlled by the RHS stick which apparently works perfectly.
Ah, after re-reading his post you are right. Maybe his advanced gimble setting is set to "0" for the YAW setting so its not turning at all?

Sorry he is talking about yawing/turning the drone (making it 'spin').
As far as I know that has nothing to do with the gimbal unless the gimbal does a slight smoothing compensation at the start and end of the drone's yawing. But I don't have an MA2S and I have never looked into advanced gimbal settings in the Fly app for my mini's.

Sorry he is talking about yawing/turning the drone (making it 'spin').
As far as I know that has nothing to do with the gimbal unless the gimbal does a slight smoothing compensation at the start and end of the drone's yawing.
yes but there is a yaw rotation speed in the gimbal setting that might be turned all the way down to zero. These are just some example settings that I use.

Attachments

• BE6106C0-48A1-421A-B7EE-EAD931F4C39A_1_101_o.jpeg
    BE6106C0-48A1-421A-B7EE-EAD931F4C39A_1_101_o.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 39
Ahhhh, never seen that before, maybe you are on to something there.

After updating the firmware, placing the proper propellers on the proper motors, calibrating it, etc., I flew today for the first time. The drone does not yaw right or left. The left joystick allows it to go up and down; the right joystick is fully functioning going forward, backwards, left, and right. I have the RC controller set on Mode 2 (normal mode).

I have been flying a DJI Spark for 4 years, so I am very familiar with the flight functions.

This is a brand new drone out of the box. Any ideas? Do I have a dud drone?
Does it not work in all 3 flying modes? Sport/Normal/Cine

UPDATE: I believe that I found my problem if someone will confirm. When I was flying it, I drew a green box around an object, as though I wanted the camera to follow that object. I forgot to delete that green box and tried flying elsewhere. It wouldn’t yaw. So I’m guessing that the reason it wouldn’t yaw is that it was continuing to want to try to fly to capture that object. I tried it again, and this time deleted the box, and they drone flew fine.
Yaw also doesn't work (or is significantly slowed down) if you have the camera zoomed in.

Reactions: KLRSKIR

Post 4 will fix your issue. You say the right stick is fully functional and the left goes up and down only.

Not really. His problem was roll, not yaw. He fixed it. Disabled sideways flight.
Yes. Post 4 shows how to turn off or on sideways flight. LEFT STICK which he explained in his first post would not work going left or right and right stick worked fine.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54