DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air smart modes available to Pro?

mcascone

Reactions
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm seeing at least some of the new automatic modes advertised for the Air available to my Pro.
I'm even seeing "smart avoid" like ARAS - fly around obstacles instead of just stopping.

I had been curious if there were hardware dependencies to the new modes, or if it is pure software. It looks like it's pure software, and they've pushed the new stuff to the Pro as well as the Air.

I used Rocket and Dronie recently, but I don't remember if they were there before the Air came out or not.

Anyone else see this, have you tested then?

I did not know about 360 degree panoramic picture until the mavic air came out. That made me look to see if it was on the Mavic Pro. I was thrilled to see it there on Mavic Pro. It is a really great feature. I'm even more keen to experience these new features. Well done DJI. This goes a long way to subsidise the obsolete syndrome with experienced with older models as newer ones come out.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm seeing at least some of the new automatic modes advertised for the Air available to my Pro.
I'm even seeing "smart avoid" like ARAS - fly around obstacles instead of just stopping.

I had been curious if there were hardware dependencies to the new modes, or if it is pure software. It looks like it's pure software, and they've pushed the new stuff to the Pro as well as the Air.

I used Rocket and Dronie recently, but I don't remember if they were there before the Air came out or not.

Anyone else see this, have you tested then?

Rocket and Dronie were already there from an earlier update

Rocket and Dronie were already there from an earlier update
Those were introduced in the Spark, right? That's actually what got me wondering if they were going to push features to other models - hardware dependencies notwithstanding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851