DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW aircraft status light pattern - 6 short greens, two long reds - indicates in an NFZ

Jackcutrone

Reactions
I got that pattern on my aircraft status indicator. I saw two long red flashes and immediately thought battery issue. However, battery was at 100%, all cells looked good and giving me a flight time of 28:00 minutes so I made a short flight, but then got nervous and RTH'ed. I could not find information about the pattern anywhere including the manual and the DJI site. Contacted DJI support and they looked at their resource material but could not find that pattern. We both agreed that someone at DJI must have programmed that into the firmware. (I only got it after the last firmware update.) And that someone at DJI should know what it meant. I posted about this on another thread and someone suggested it might be related to the fact that I was flying in an altitude limited zone. I mentioned this to the support guy and he suggested I email their FlySafe support staff. And they responded. Indeed it means you are in an NFZ. Might have been nice of DJI to tell us they were going to give us new warning lights instead of making it a mystery even to their own support team.

Here is email I got:
Ram (DJI Support)
Dec 21, 05:43 CST
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We do appreciate your time in reaching us and letting us know about your concern. It is our pleasure to assist you and provide you with the right answers.

Regarding the issue that you are experiencing, the sequence of lights (6 short green flashes and 2 long red flashes) indicates a No Fly Zone Proximity Alert.

We're sorry if the light status pattern was not indicated in the user manual as this scenario is specific only for flying the drone in an NFZ area. You may click on this link, https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map, for up-to-date guidance on areas where flight may be limited due to safety concerns or regulations.

Hope that answers your inquiry.

Should you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing DJI and have a great day!~
Best regards,
Ram
DJI Technical Support
Website: DJI Support – Here for You – DJI Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

I got this same pattern on my MP2 last week after update and was wondering the same thing. I'm in a Height Limit NFZ. Could not find info on this in the manual. I finally UPDATED my Mavic Pro also just to see and yep has the same light pattern now so I was pretty sure it was because of the new NFZ areas. Thanks for your hard work in getting this clarified with DJI.

Newb question, so what does the drone do when it detects that it is in the NFZ and goes to the light pattern? Automatically RTH or does it allow you to go about your business (maybe flashing "SHAME ON YOU" on the controller screen?

Newb question, so what does the drone do when it detects that it is in the NFZ and goes to the light pattern? Automatically RTH or does it allow you to go about your business (maybe flashing "SHAME ON YOU" on the controller screen?
In my experience, it limits the flight altitude to 200 ft.

In my area it limits me to the usual 400ft. On your controller screen you will see NFZ. On your phone or tablet screen you will see the Height Limit scroll in yellow at the top left where the green GPS is normally. I start out in a Height Limit NFZ and fly across the street out of the NFZ and the warnings go off on all my screens. So all of this is just a warning. Your drone will fly normal other then the light pattern and screen warning.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000