DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New AirMap question?

Cmeflydrone

Reactions
When getting authorization to fly with AirMap today the app now asks me to “please provide a brief note to justify the safety of the operation”. I was seeking permission as a 107 pilot to fly in controlled space with a 400’ limit. I just put that I was checking out my equipment in a vacant park and I was granted permission. Haven’t seen anyone mention this on here. Seems kinda silly as I would guess I could have said anything?

Reactions: AMann
I saw the question when I applied for authorization last week. I answered it, but I don't believe it had anything to do with the rejection I got immediately after submission.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've switched to Kittyhawk. You may want to take a look at that app. I used to use Airmap. I've deleted it.
The question asked of you seems like a data gathering question for Airmap.

I've switched to Kittyhawk. You may want to take a look at that app. I used to use Airmap. I've deleted it.
The question asked of you seems like a data gathering question for Airmap.
Do you need to be Part 107 certified for LAANC authorization to fly below 400' from a near real-time app like Kittyhawk?

Do you need to be Part 107 certified for LAANC authorization to fly below 400' from a near real-time app like Kittyhawk?

View attachment 75830
Right now, yes. But, soon; supposedly, the FAA will be rolling out LAANC for recreational pilots as well. Recreational pilots are anxious for this to happen.
I am certified Part 107. I got certified solely for access to LAANC. I qualify as commercial by selling my video online.
I flew from my house this evening with FAA approval. It's amazing what a liberating feeling that is.
Still, I usually fly in class G airspace, which I recommend as the airspace is on the outskirts of any concerns for buildings people, etc... to me that makes the flight more relaxing, which is helpful for me to enjoy.
Certification is not that difficult. A lot of the information is foreign to non pilots, but in time it becomes understandable. The exam is overkill with emphasis on weather, and airspace. Airspace is interesting. To me, weather is not that applicable. If it's raining I don't fly. If it's too windy, I don'y fly. But, for pilots flying for commercial inspection jobs, weather matters. I suppose.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Right now, yes. But, soon; supposedly, the FAA will be rolling out LAANC for recreational pilots as well. Recreational pilots are anxious for this to happen.
I am certified Part 107. I got certified solely for access to LAANC. I qualify as commercial by selling my video online.
I flew from my house this evening with FAA approval. It's amazing what a liberating feeling that is.
Still, I usually fly in class G airspace, which I recommend as the airspace is on the outskirts of any concerns for buildings people, etc... to me that makes the flight more relaxing, which is helpful for me to enjoy.
Certification is not that difficult. A lot of the information is foreign to non pilots, but in time it becomes understandable. The exam is overkill with emphasis on weather, and airspace. Airspace is interesting. To me, weather is not that applicable. If it's raining I don't fly. If it's too windy, I don'y fly. But, for pilots flying for commercial inspection jobs, weather matters. I suppose.
Feel the same way. Thanks for the quick answer Thumbswayup

I tried skipping this request and was rejected for no statement. Made a quick statement about the purpose of the flight and was accepted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS