DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New and trying to figure out where I can and cant fly.

Pidos4

Reactions
I just got my 1st drone the Mavic Air 2. Ive been flying it around my neighborhood, at school, and the park down the street, and now I'm reading lots of stuff saying about restricted areas, needing permission, etc. I registered with the FAA and intend to get 107 licenses to do some work with the drone as I am in real estate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in the US in Seattle

Reactions: Hauptmann
I’d start with the B4UFLY app. It tells you if there are any flight restrictions based on your GPS location. Here’s the link for iOS:

Welcome to our Forum from North Texas.

Personally I use AirMap. But as phantomwatcher says, many local parks won't show up as restricted, but may be restricted nonetheless.

I've read on this forum that the City of Seattle has banned drones from taking off/landing from any public place (streets, sidewalks, parks, etc). I hope that's not true, but I'd check if I were you. You can, of course, take off/land from private property, as long as you have permish from the property owner.

I've been waiting to come to Seattle (my old home town) to do some flying. First, there was bad weather, then Covid 19, then the ban. Sheesh! Maybe someday (sigh).

Anyway, glad to have you with us!

I just got my 1st drone the Mavic Air 2. Ive been flying it around my neighborhood, at school, and the park down the street, and now I'm reading lots of stuff saying about restricted areas, needing permission, etc. I registered with the FAA and intend to get 107 licenses to do some work with the drone as I am in real estate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in the US in Seattle
There's nothing better than learning to read the FAA's sectional charts: Sectional Aeronautical Chart
They are pretty complicated, but you will need to know them to get your 107.

Reactions: Jet skier
What he said , air map is an excellent source

Reactions: Gindra
B4UFly said Cincinnati parks are unrestricted. Google search of “ cincinnati drone regulations“ turned up the ordinances prohibiting all drones in Cincinnati Parks. On the other hand, it also turned up a number of local places where flying is fine. The lesson of course . . . Google is the king of all knowing.

B4UFly said Cincinnati parks are unrestricted. Google search of “ cincinnati drone regulations“ turned up the ordinances prohibiting all drones in Cincinnati Parks. On the other hand, it also turned up a number of local places where flying is fine. The lesson of course . . . Google is the king of all knowing.
You just use common sense I fly in my park quite a bit pick the time when there’s few people in it most people are very interested in the drone I have never even had a complaint

Reactions: Made2Phly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada