DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New B....1st time out questions

Lhemmerich

Reactions
1st real flight with new Mavic Pro...read all the manuals. But things did not work as expected. Here is a list of questions maybe someone can help with..

Using dji go4
1. After taking off using the go4 auto takeoff/landing and drone is at 4 feet..hovering..is the only way to control is using the joy sticks on the controller?

2. when flying and taping on PHOTO/VIDEO how do you tell if it is in video or photo

3. On go4.. does the gimble slider only work by touching the top or bottom...hard to see on screen. Could not get it to work?

4. To change camera from fwd to dwn is the 5 position joy stick the only way?

5. In the lower left cornor of the go4 there is a round circle that changes with the direction the drone is pointing..there is a small diamond at the top of the circle...what does it indicate? What is this indicator for? The manual says its a vertual joystick...how does it work?

6. When I connect to computer via usb port and find the folder that should have the camera files named DCIM ..there are no files...I downloaded the fils using the go4 download....should you be able to access the files directly

7. How do you zoom camera in and out?

Thanks in advance...

1st real flight with new Mavic Pro...read all the manuals. But things did not work as expected. Here is a list of questions maybe someone can help with..

Using dji go4
1. After taking off using the go4 auto takeoff/landing and drone is at 4 feet..hovering..is the only way to control is using the joy sticks on the controller?

Well yes - DJI has not yet instituted "mental telepathy" to control the drone. Actually one could use the Autoland feature within the DJI GO 4 app and it would land. This would not require touching the joysticks.

2. when flying and taping on PHOTO/VIDEO how do you tell if it is in video or photo

The small icon on the right side will change from a picture of a Camera to the Picture of a Video Camera. Try this while grounded and powered up to get a feel for switching back and forth and recognizing the different icons.

3. On go4.. does the gimble slider only work by touching the top or bottom...hard to see on screen. Could not get it to work?

Were you aloft or grounded. I believe this feature only works once airborne. Dont quote me as I am only 80 percent sure on that.

No. There is a C1 or C2 button on the Remote Controller that can be programmed to tilt the camera to straight down when pressed and then another press toggles the camera right back to the position it was facing before pressing the button. Its quick and effective.
One can also use the LEFT "thumbwheel" on the remote controller to slowly tilt the camera downwards and back upwards.

5. In the lower left cornor of the go4 there is a round circle that changes with the direction the drone is pointing..there is a small diamond at the top of the circle...what does it indicate? What is this indicator for? The manual says its a vertual joystick...how does it work?

Ya got me...

6. When I connect to computer via usb port and find the folder that should have the camera files named DCIM ..there are no files...I downloaded the fils using the go4 download....should you be able to access the files directly

Try removing the SD Card and placing it inside an SD card reader. Then connect it to your computer. Wait till the device is recognized and initallized. Then browse to the device and find the DCIM folder. When you explore it the captured video and / or photos should be shown in order. Are they?

Mavic Pro is fixed focal length so this means there is no internal mechanical zoom abilities. Any Zoom effect would have to be done via software after the pictures and / or video was downloaded to the computer. This in and of itself is not a true zoom (as that would be achieved using a mechanical zoom within the lens) and instead is a trick played in software.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Using dji go4

Thanks in advance...
no offence but you really should learn everything about the remote and the dgigo app before flying
ive had my mp a month and am stlll browsing the manual and watching youtube
judging from your questions your not ready to fly and i mean it in the nicest way

Reactions: Callum
no offence but you really should learn everything about the remote and the dgigo app before flying
ive had my mp a month and am stlll browsing the manual and watching youtube
judging from your questions your not ready to fly and i mean it in the nicest way
1.theres the virtual controller also
2.the front leds turn off when recording and controller says rec
3.theres a roller wheel on top left of controller for that
4.see #3
5.that show location of mp and rc controller
7 on top right of rc controller,i think and 5 position button lower right of controller
im still not ready to fly

Hey OP, unfortunately mate you are coming into a Mavic forum where at this time of year, all that is heard is stories of lost or crashed aircraft.
I hope that we will not hear that on your next post.
This will help, seriously, please take this on board and download the manual. Read it until you know what each and every function does...
When this flying thing gets hairy and the aircraft goes into atti, or RTH or CA suddenly, you dont have time to look down at the screen, or work out which button to press, you just need to take action NOW!
Sorry to be so harsh brother but we may have just saved ya a weeks wages..

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

I just have to shake my head. o_O Watch the videos, read the manual, watch the videos and read the manual again before you ever turn the Mavic back on again.

I thank myself for getting into video games at the a very young age. These toys are nothing now. The manual is helpful and important and youtubers all around the world will help you visualize if you can’t interpret the words but it’s not that hard to figure it out on your own. Just don’t do anything crazy while you learn like go too high or out of LOS. Good luck bud.

Oh and from what I’ve gathered you shouldn’t update the firmware if you haven’t already as you will lose the freedom of “unlimited” altitude.

Question #1 from the OP has me a bit perplexed

Question #4.

You can set button C1 to do same thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N