DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery discharge rate after updating drone

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
Yesterday I took my Mavic2 Pro out of hibernation after at least 6 months. As there was a notice to do an update I proceeded and had no problems. However, in trying to confirm my previous settings having not changed, I was highly surprised when I got to the battery section. So my surprise, the discharge rate for batteries was shortened to 5 days from 10 days. Did anyone else notice this? Is there a way to extend the discharge rate?

There is an option in the battery information section that allows you to change that setting. Up to 10 days.
If you click on the box that reads the days to discharge, you will see the different days that you can change to.

Yeah, it's a changeable setting and unfortunately, sometimes DJI firmware updates will reset some settings to default.

Chris

There is an option in the battery information section that allows you to change that setting. Up to 10 days.
If you click on the box that reads the days to discharge, you will see the different days that you can change to.
Did notice the title of this thread included, "after updating drone?" Apparently you have not updated as you will see you can no longer have 10 days to start discharge, but only 5 now.

Did notice the title of this thread included, "after updating drone?" Apparently you have not updated as you will see you can no longer have 10 days to start discharge, but only 5 now.

And there is no longer an option to change that? Because with previous firmware, there always was. It's reasonable for us to assume that it's still there. It would certainly surprise me to find that they removed the ability to change that value.

I would NOT be surprised to find that the firmware update simply changed the setting to 5, but you can still go in and change it back to 10.

Have you verified that the option to change the value is not there? Because that information might be valuable to others (so they can avoid updating their firmware).

Chris

"Have you verified that the option to change the value is not there? Because that information might be valuable to others (so they can avoid updating their firmware)."
After reading this, I went back into my smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro. I can still see it only allows 5 days before discharging.

DJI Gamora answered in your thread at the DJI forum:
"This is normal, in the DJI GO 4 for iOS/Android (v4.3.40), the (active) auto discharge default setting has been changed to one to five days and cannot be extended to more than 5 days. Thank you for your kind understanding."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580