DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New CE MM shows all 2.4 channel in rural area red.

OldEd

Reactions
Recently I crashed my Mavic Mini (CE). This week I received a New one via DJI care. Today I did a distance test and I could not fly further than 500 meters as the MM could not be changed to the 2.4 ghz. On the same spot I could fly with my old one more than 2 kilometers with the transmission on 2.4 ghz. Nog it shows everything equally red.

Has someone a solution?

Have you tried flying in a different location to determine whether the issue is the drone/RC or new local interference? 500m is typical for range on a CE transmitter on 5.8gHz.

Check what model the controller is. Presumably that got replaced along with the aircraft, and you got a replacement CE spec transmitter?

I have on rare occasions struggled to change manually between 5.8 and 2.4gHz bands. Restarting everything resolved the issue on those occasions, but that was on hardware I know is able to do 2.4gHz in a location where I know there is minimal 2.4gHz band usage.

Have you tried flying in a different location to determine whether the issue is the drone/RC or new local interference? 500m is typical for range on a CE transmitter on 5.8gHz.

Check what model the controller is. Presumably that got replaced along with the aircraft, and you got a replacement CE spec transmitter?

I have on rare occasions struggled to change manually between 5.8 and 2.4gHz bands. Restarting everything resolved the issue on those occasions, but that was on hardware I know is able to do 2.4gHz in a location where I know there is minimal 2.4gHz band usage.
Yes, I have tried to fly in a different location with the same result. The ac has been replaced, not the rc. That's why I think this is strange. I thought that the rc was leading here.

All bars of the 2.4 are red and at maximum length. It looks like it that something is wrong here.

It does indeed sound like something isn't quite right. Perhaps worth getting back in touch with DJI, since it looks like the care refresh replacement aircraft (is this the only thing that's changed?) isn't working right.

I had a play with my MM1 last night. When I went into the transmission menu I got a full set of red bars for the 2.4ghz channels, but green for the 5.8gHz, the same as you describe. In manual channel select mode I was able to select any of the 2.4 or 5.8ghz channels still, even the ones with full red bars. After a minute or 2 the bars all updated and some 2.4gHz channels became green or only 1/2 red. I was testing at home in an urban environment with quite a lot of wifi noise around, so wasn't surprised to see heavy occupancy of the 2.4ghz band.

Yesterday I reinstalled all the firmware and somehow this improved a lot. I can choose the 2.4 channel, which shows dynamic bars now. Range has been improved as well. I am a happy guy again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143