DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New controller unresponsive or user error?

AJB1884

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Just got the Mavic Platinum but having a strange problem when try my 1st flight.

Using my SamsungS7 and the controller in beginner mode i swipe to take off to hover at 1.2m (1.5? maybe) and the drone takes off perfect BUT then i try the joysticks and nothing happens - no response. Other buttons work (camera etc) so i doubt it is a hw issue.

Can someone point out my mistake? Why would the controller be connected, the drone fly and hover and buttons work but no response from the joysticks?

Thanks, Axe

You could also try turning on the craft and just moving the sticks, and the camera gimbal should move a small but noticeable amount. You can also use the stick calibrator in the settings menu of the go app to see if the sticks work.

You could also try turning on the craft and just moving the sticks, and the camera gimbal should move a small but noticeable amount. You can also use the stick calibrator in the settings menu of the go app to see if the sticks work.
Yes, i have tried this. The camera gimbal does move. The stick calibrator also works fine... no sure what to do next

Could you be in WiFi mode? Look at the small switch by the SD card slot.

Could you be in WiFi mode? Look at the small switch by the SD card slot.
Good idea but no. It is in RC mode. The drone responses to some commands from controller (even joystick when on ground for the camera) just not in the air.

I will try again after work and redo the calibration to see if this resolves it.

Good idea but no. It is in RC mode. The drone responses to some commands from controller (even joystick when on ground for the camera) just not in the air.

I will try again after work and redo the calibration to see if this resolves it.
Can you start the motors and take off manually?

Which Go 4 version are you using? If 4.1.18 then downgrade to .15. The 4.1.18 version has caused a lot of problems (although I have not heard of this one before).

Last edited:
Can you start the motors and take off manually?
Last night was the 1st time i used it. Encounting this issue concerned me enough to not want to try a manual take off.

I will redo the calibration after work today or tomorrow and if that doesnt work will try a manual take off. Thanks

Hi everyone, today i returned to the exact same area of the park, same drone, same battery, same phone etc. The only difference is it was 48 hrs later. I didnt change firmware or calibrate or anything

And...everything worked fine. No idea how or why this happened.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s