DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Court Ruling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meantime, Canadian laws tighten up. Joy!

I just saw this last night. After i just finally paid 3 weeks ago. Also, could you change the title to draw more attention. Maybe something like, Appeals court throws out FAA regulations and requirements to register.

Just saw the FAA response to this ruling:

For Immediate Release
May 19, 2017

FAA Statement Regarding US Court of Appeals Decision

We are carefully reviewing the U.S. Court of Appeals decision as it relates to drone registrations. The FAA put registration and operational regulations in place to ensure that drones are operated in a way that is safe and does not pose security and privacy threats. We are in the process of considering our options and response to the decision.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to know if there is no registration requirement for all sUAS, whether it affects:

1. airspace regulations. Maybe it will have limits to altitude and reporting requirements. I have seen a number of waiver approvals for restricted air space that are zoned with altitude restrictions, such as 2 mi up to 100 ft. AGL; 2-3 miles 200 ft; 304 miles 300 ft. and 4-5 miles 400 ft.

2. How it will affect commercial license requirements for those wanting to shoot for hire such as weddings and real estate.

In my opinion the current restrictions are way over reach for safety. Such as, if I'm 4 miles from an airport tower and the trees and other obstacles between me and the tower are 100ft. why do I need to be restricted no fly under 100ft.?

The commercial limitation is really silly, in my opinion.

Plus I would like to see some challenges to the National Parks ban too but that is a different topic. Somebody with deep pockets, take them to court, please. :)

Reactions: Blades
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S