DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New, Delaware resident not quite yet a pilot,

Jimck9

Reactions
Ok, picked up my M2Z from Best Buy, registered with the FAA, attempted to register my serial number with DJi, but it appears they don't care unless you're buying their care package?? The FAA didn't even care about MY serial number, just as long as I put their serial number on my equipment.
There's no way I'm going to put this thing into the air until the polar vortex passes and I, kinda, think I know what I'm doing.
I'm on a Mac, but my wife has a Win !0 PC so I'm thinking I'd like to use the DJI "flight simulator" software to get a feeling for the knobs and buttons.
Can anyone suggest a tutorial for the simulator, or is it so straightforward that I can figure it out on my own.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup.

Pick a big open area and practice there. You’re going to have to do it sooner or later. Read the manual three times. The thing flys by itself. If you get scared, just let go of the sticks, it will park itself until you move the sticks again. Do not take off unless you hear the “home point recorded”. 10 to 12 satellites minimum. One little step at a time and you’ll be fine.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Can anyone suggest a tutorial for the simulator, or is it so straightforward that I can figure it out on my own.
There's not much to it. Take off and control the drone with your remote controller.

Take your props off. Turn on your controller with your device connected. Turn on your bird. Enter the simulator from the app. “Fly it a bunch in the simulator. Have fun. Wait till the weather is good. Go to an open area away from magnetic interference. Make your first few flights in Beginner Mode. Always wait for max satellites, Home Point Recorded and check correct compass indication. Feel fortunate you are able to afford and enjoy your new Mavic!

Take your props off. Turn on your controller with your device connected. Turn on your bird. Enter the simulator from the app. “Fly it a bunch in the simulator. Have fun. Wait till the weather is good. Go to an open area away from magnetic interference. Make your first few flights in Beginner Mode. Always wait for max satellites, Home Point Recorded and check correct compass indication. Feel fortunate you are able to afford and enjoy your new Mavic!

My wife always reminds me, we are SO fortunate!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851