DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Dji drone appears to be an upgraded Spark or mid level Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big yawn at DJI. If this info is correct, I don't see anyone buying it who has already bought a Mavic or Air (or even a Phantom since the 3). Basically a _slight_ bump from the Spark.

Also, I failed to see the need for a door over the battery compartment. Seems like it would just add unneeded weight.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I was hoping/dreaming it to be more than it is looking to be... if DJI could have skipped it in under 250g it would undeniably be a market sector dominator. Which is a large ask to be honest to keep a product sturdy and robust enough for public consumption.

Reactions: Brojon
Also, I failed to see the need for a door over the battery compartment. Seems like it would just add unneeded weight.

And see I see it totally different. I think it’s closed due to water issues. The amount of money they will save due to us always putting in the drink is huge. Lol. Well I do think it’s a sealed unit.

Reactions: LaminarFly
Big yawn at DJI. If this info is correct, I don't see anyone buying it who has already bought a Mavic or Air (or even a Phantom since the 3). Basically a _slight_ bump from the Spark.
They won’t care if Mavic owners don’t buy it- they want you to buy the more expensive bigger siblings.

This is clearly aimed squarely at the lower end of the market leaving M2 as the upgrade path and king of the hobby grade drones.

And see I see it totally different. I think it’s closed due to water issues. The amount of money they will save due to us always putting in the drink is huge. Lol. Well I do think it’s a sealed unit.
I'm thinking they are trying a new method to keep batteries secure. Given the # of complaints I bet they'd like to nail this issue.

Yeah, those motors will probably be fine under water.

I was hoping/dreaming it to be more than it is looking to be... if DJI could have skipped it in under 250g it would undeniably be a market sector dominator. Which is a large ask to be honest to keep a product sturdy and robust enough for public consumption.
It's 245 under 250g

Spark 2.

As for market, if image quality isnt a major issue for you but portability IS a major issue then its a better idea than a mavic 2.

For people that travel a lot, hike and dont have access to a car everywhere they go having a tiny drone that'll do the job and fit into a side pocket on a backpack is a selling point.
*Provided* IQ isnt a big issue.

Reactions: LaminarFly
Name is mavic mini. But whether its a Spark 2 or Mavic air 2 in actual form and function is the debate.

But whether its a Spark 2 or Mavic air 2 in actual form and function is the debate.
It's neither. It's a brand new model. DJI is likely not trying to replace the Spark or the Mavic Air.

This reminds me of the threads that kept appearing back when the Mavic Air was released. Some people kept saying it was the Spark 2 -- since it was clearly not Mavic-like enough for their tastes.

It'll be closer to one or the other in terms of ability and performance.
The Spark was awful, the Mavic Air in many ways was better than the actual Mavic.

Looking at the postulated $400 price tag its going to be a basic model.

Looking at the postulated $400 price tag its going to be a basic model
That postulated price tag is meaningless.

From the photos, it's pretty clear the model is going to be more basic than the other Mavic models.

FWIW, that entire article was created from a tweet OsitaLV shared where he took a wild stab at the unknown specs.
Which we all know he/she has been wrong more times then right. Really, no one should be listening this this person but some industry people would rather drink the kool aid for readership.

Reactions: j.coffield
Question is does it have occusync 2. It would be a waste if it didn’t

Yeah, those motors will probably be fine under water.
Yep cause water hurts motors. It’s the electronic circuit board that’s the issue.but hey I understand not all can be understood in life. Was just a thought. :)

Using micro USB instead of USB-C is a weird design choice in 2019.

Question is does it have occusync 2. It would be a waste if it didn’t

Article says it will have "enhanced wifi", no likely no OccuSync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11