DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Flight Simulator

Robert Granata

Reactions
DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

Here's the download site:
www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:

Is not available for IOS yet I don't think .

Is not available for IOS yet I don't think .
I'm quite disappointed too that DJI failed to offer a MAC version especially being that most graphics are done on a MAC. Hey DJI, if your listening when do you plan on releasing a MAC or IOS version ?

Last edited:
Leave it up to DJI to add meaning to the words, "Trick or treat" on Halloween day.

Remember when the Crystalsky wouldn't work with DJI Go 4 for the Mavic 2? It just took an update (and a few months) to fix it. Hopefully they will do the same to make the sim work with Mavic and Spark series and M2 OEM controllers. DJI will probably address all of the shortcomings mentioned above in future updates.

Thankfully the manual for the sim is only 20 pages long.

I just realized that with DJI now partnered up with Microsoft for a few projects, and now with MS Flight Simulator production just a distant memory, DJI has taken a quantum leap in this software. MSFS has had these types of physics for decades, and the DJI version looks somewhat similar to MSFS.

Last edited:
Ive installed the Free Trial - I cant get my Mavic Air Controller to be recognised on my laptop...
And the mouse doesnt work when the program is open...

Yeah I updated it to Installer 2.1.0.1, and it downloaded the FS v3.00

My laptop cannot do anything with the Mavic Air controller - keeps telling me it cant find a driver for it.

I have tried plugging it into the the side mini USB and normal USB

bit of a let down really

also the Free Trial doesnt have any of the training modules - just Free Flying and Time Trial and Tunnel Race

Some more research tells me that its a common problem that Mavic Air Controllers are NOT a recognised USB device by computers.

Pretty poor effort that...

I could not get the Mavic Air Controller to be recognised. Tried all cables in my house but don't think it will work at all.

I got it to work with my Air controller, took off, landed. Very unexciting. Uninstalled it. More fun flying the spark around the house. :)

Does it simulate disconnects and fly-aways?

That's hard to say since I cant get it to work yet! lol

On that same train of thought, they should give you a DJI tech support simulator. Whatever you type in on the tech support sim, it will respond with, "please send your product in to DJI."

Can launch it with no issues but it doesn't fine my M2 controller even though Assistant 2 does aka it's connected correctly.

Reactions: Clabbefix
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost