Site
mavichelp.com
1606906258196.png

EoOesvZVoAA5pVS.jpg

EoOesv5VEAAq-A8.jpg

QQ_Tu_Pian_20201202185357.jpg

Last edited:
Me wants to know how much.
Me wants to know if it’s the Digital FPV set up I’ve seen.
That’s not the TX they show with it.
Time will tell.

Reactions: zeusfl and msinger
Somebody is gonna get sued, or at least never be trusted as a tech reviewer again. That drone is plastered with identification stickers so I'm sure DJI will be able to track down the leaker.

It does look quite sturdy compared to other DJI drones. but I do wonder how durable it will be. I don't know much about FPV drones, but from what I have seen, they are like advanced RC toys used primarily for aerial acrobatics (some absolutely absurd stuff online). Considering that, crashing all the time seems inevitable, and it looks like current high end FPV drones are custom jobs with a modular design that presumably makes it easier to replaced damaged parts after a crash. It's not really feasible to buy a new drone or constantly send your drone back to DJI for repairs...

... Unless this isn't that kind of drone at all? And DJI is just releasing another camera drone that happens to be designed around FPV?

So that's pretty cool, I'd like to see the price also. The only FPV drone stuff I am familiar with is the DRL racing I watch on TV... what a HOOT! And they do seem to crash a lot!

is that a stabilised gimbal + a FPV cam ? If that thing so much as bump a wall, the gimbal will commit suicide in 3 different directions for sure. We all know how sensitive that thing is on ANY Mavic, let alone a crash prone one.

Having said that, the arms do and body do look sturdy.

A man needs to know how much moolah for this toy.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Sure does look fun to fly! Wonder when it is coming out? Would this be something just for fun or could it compete with other racing drones? I have never done any racing but I’m kind of interested so I really I’m just asking opinions.

Somebody is gonna get sued, or at least never be trusted as a tech reviewer again. That drone is plastered with identification stickers so I'm sure DJI will be able to track down the leaker.

It does look quite sturdy compared to other DJI drones. but I do wonder how durable it will be. I don't know much about FPV drones, but from what I have seen, they are like advanced RC toys used primarily for aerial acrobatics (some absolutely absurd stuff online). Considering that, crashing all the time seems inevitable, and it looks like current high end FPV drones are custom jobs with a modular design that presumably makes it easier to replaced damaged parts after a crash. It's not really feasible to buy a new drone or constantly send your drone back to DJI for repairs...

... Unless this isn't that kind of drone at all? And DJI is just releasing another camera drone that happens to be designed around FPV?
Most "Leaks" now a days are a quite deliberate strategy of behalf of the company to drum up the hype.
This is especially true of phone makers . These "leaks" ensure tons of free advertising among the interested communities

Sure does look fun to fly! Wonder when it is coming out? Would this be something just for fun or could it compete with other racing drones? I have never done any racing but I’m kind of interested so I really I’m just asking opinions.
Check out videos in our sister forum. Drone Racing FPV Forum

Reactions: GarthH
SPARK 2.0 ?

Looks great.

Another pic of it from the FPV discord I am in. Ugly but if it can fly well... I do wonder what the care refresh on this would be if any will exist haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-112806_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201202-112806_Facebook.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 66
Doesn't look that sturdy for a FPV drone, lots of bits hanging off and probably would be very expensive.
As Heidrich1988, to be viable it would need to have easily and cheaply replaceable parts probably not oem only.

Never equate DJI with cheap (economically). If one wanted an easily / cheaply replaceable parts, DIY or Kit FPV + DJI FPV system would be the way to go.

I always loved the idea of FPV flying, just never took the plunge. I am somewhat tech savvy, but not to the level whre I feel comfortable soldering all these components together, loading custom software, etc, etc.
This thing looks like it could cater to the likes of me, but I think the key word is modularity; if you crash it, can you switch out the broken components? The other one would be the price level, but considering it includes the FPV glasses, a controller and a drone, I would be highly surprised if it were less than €1000,-
DJI really has a habit of making me hanker for new stuff; I still have the goggles and the Mini 2 on my wishlist and now this! :'-(

Reactions: MA2 317
This is the first I've seen of this but just by looking at the box, I'd guess fake. Look at the controller and the goggles, you can see where the image was pasted together.

View attachment 118372
Ooh, you're sharp!
The image of the drone on the box seems to match the other pictures of the drone. The FPV glasses we know already, but the controller is a new one, isn't it?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If it was an intentional leek they would have removed all the stickers.

I watched some of that FPV stuff at the air show, too quick for me. Reaction time is not what it used to be

This is the craziest FPV video I've seen besides one in New York which was obviously illegal, so I won't share that one. I can't imagine how many times that guy has crashed to reach that level of mastery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters