DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Go updates, now constant nag screen when above 400feet agl.....

adiru

Reactions
Okay, sorry if someone already posted this, but after the latest dji go app update, everytime I'm above 400 feet (even if a structure is below it that allows flying much higher etc) I get constant red banner updates on the app about not flying higher than 400 feet, I can click out of it but seconds later it comes back, and this loops forever in a cycle...

Between this and DJI making it so that the mavic cannot fly further than 100feet without using a smart device tethered to the controller, I think its more and more draconian and useless now

• Sad
Reactions: Drgnfli
Go back one revision of the Go4 app, and you won't see it anymore.
Here, you can pick your "flavor":

Yes, but how long until it won't worky anymore and DJI says you must upgrade/update or no fly at all?
Is keeping the app in offline mode forever even a solution?

What about those using litchi? does this happen in litchi yet?

@
Flycaster
the APK version of this app (got from apkpure) never worked for me, it installs but when I run it, tries to get more packages or something upon first run on the phone and it craps out.

As of now, no you are not "forced" into an update, Go app, or A/C.
But with the push for user ID transmitted in real time per the FAA, one will be forced to, to be compliant. At some time in the future. Now DJI stated that the remote user ID transmission could be done to all of DJI line, including most of the legacy birds out there.
Then you would forced to update to be compliant (and other "goodies" from DJI tossed to boot.)

AS to Lichi, dunno, never used it.

@
Flycaster
the APK version of this app (got from apkpure) never worked for me, it installs but when I run it, tries to get more packages or something upon first run on the phone and it craps out.
Are you download the .apk file to your device, and then installing it, or installing from the apk pure site?
I "sideload" it, download the file onto device and install from the downloads folder...
I'm still running 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 not sure.

What do you mean by Goodies? Like Litchi and other API openness

BTW the FAA does not represent entire world... is China the domestic market demanding any real time active internet transmission to fly? I think not.
DJI better not be naive,[Removed by ADMIN] DJI may only have domestic nonUS market left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you download the .apk file to your device, and then installing it, or installing from the apk pure site?
I "sideload" it, download the file onto device and install from the downloads folder...
I'm still running 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 not sure.

Okay thanks for the idea, didnt know you can sideload two different versions of the one same DJI app at the same one time>?

BTW the FAA does not represent entire world... is China the domestic market demanding any real time active internet transmission to fly? I think not.
DJI better not be naive,[Removed by ADMIN], DJI may only have domestic nonUS market left.

"Goodies", as in tilted gimbals, reduced speed, NFZ nagging, quizzes etc. all brought to you by DJI thru updates with a new flight mode. I just learned to fly them manually.
That's why I never updated anything on my Mavic Gen I in over 3 years...

Reactions: strdr and Drgnfli
Okay thanks for the idea, didnt know you can sideload two different versions of the one same DJI app at the same one time>?

Well yeah, you can put any version as long as it is a good .apk file. I would urge you to remove/uninstall any previous Go4 app (and clear said app's cache etc.) before you load/install another version.
An be sure to restart your device after installing...

Last edited:

DJI better not be naive, [Removed by ADMIN], DJI may only have domestic nonUS market left.

True, but I live in the US, so I focus on the FAA aspect. I sent in my "2 cents", and have to wait and see what happens.

Okay, sorry if someone already posted this, but after the latest dji go app update, everytime I'm above 400 feet (even if a structure is below it that allows flying much higher etc) I get constant red banner updates on the app about not flying higher than 400 feet, I can click out of it but seconds later it comes back, and this loops forever in a cycle...

Between this and DJI making it so that the mavic cannot fly further than 100feet without using a smart device tethered to the controller, I think its more and more draconian and useless now
Not sure why you’re blaming DJI for the FAA rules. While obviously there’s some holes there as far as being near a building DJI is doing their best to try to show the FAA things are in compliance.

Reactions: jeepcj and ssvdh66
Not sure why you’re blaming DJI for the FAA rules. While obviously there’s some holes there as far as being near a building DJI is doing their best to try to show the FAA things are in compliance.
Dji has no obligation to nanny us with regard to rules. Other drone manufacturers don’t.

Reactions: strdr and Drgnfli
Dji has no obligation to nanny us with regard to rules. Other drone manufacturers don’t.

It's a CYA thing. DJI wants to try and retain their huge portion of the UAS pie and it's in their best interest to show good efforts to limits us idiots from doing stupid things.

Are they obligated? No.... is it a good idea from a business standpoint? Absolutely.

I don't know where you are, but in the UK it's illegal to fly above 400 feet.

It's a CYA thing. DJI wants to try and retain their huge portion of the UAS pie and it's in their best interest to show good efforts to limits us idiots from doing stupid things.

Are they obligated? No.... is it a good idea from a business standpoint? Absolutely.

Amongst the frequently negative media around drones I definitely think it's a great selling point from DJI to be able to promote that their drones have geofencing and other restrictions to make them comply with the rules.

At the same time I do wonder how long countries will allow highly capable drones with no software enforcement at all, I was surprised to find the new Autel model has no geofencing.

The problem started because whenever someone reported a white drone breaking rules, dji took the rap. Now their drones are grey and they are enforcing restrictions so the news media cant keep saying it was a dji drone that broke rules.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N