DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022) Mavic 3 and Air 2S supported in DJI RC Pro

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Overview:
  • Date: 2022.01.24
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
  • Remote Controller: v04.13.0500
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.8
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.8

What's New?
  • Added QuickShots including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid.
  • Added Panorama mode, capable of capturing in high resolution.
  • Added burst shooting.
  • Added digital zoom for normal video mode.
  • Added Color Display Assist for D-Log.
  • Added 4K/60fps and manual EI adjustment for MasterShots.
  • Added QuickTransfer.
  • Added zoom and D-Log for FocusTrack when recording video.
  • Added support to set RTH altitude for Advanced RTH.
  • Added USB mode for Mavic 3 Cine for copying data.
  • Optimized accuracy of color correction.
  • Increased image sharpness of Tele camera when shooting at high magnification.
  • Optimized image area for Timelapse photos.
  • Added support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage.
  • Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD card.
  • Added support to use DJI RC Pro with DJI Air 2S.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.5.8 or later.
  • USB mode will be disabled after updating firmware. Users can enable USB mode again in DJI Fly.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Overview:

What's New?
  • Added QuickShots including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid.
  • Added burst shooting.
  • Added QuickTransfer.
  • Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD card.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • USB mode will be disabled after updating firmware. Users can enable USB mode again in DJI Fly.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.
Another big one. Nice. Really pleased about the RC Pro Stuff 👌 Let's put it through the paces. I flew and checked for an update literally a few hours before this appeared to drop! No Air 2 yet 😪 but much to be happy about. Quick Transfer! I can stop manually moving files off RC Pro to SD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
First Install took less than 3 minutes for the drone .
Second install on the DJI fly app took 30 Seconds.

Were off to a great start.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain / Snow

Last edited:
Reactions: Atkas
Took a bit longer with RC Pro. I thought it stalled at 94% - sat for a few mins, then went to 95% & controller rebooted. Yes! Have to figure out a few things;

How does quick transfer get initiated? It's not transferring files any faster doing downloads as always. Theres no extra button on the drone like Mini 2 to transfer directly using wifi. hmmm.

Don't see any way to set cache to sdcard on rc pro or download to sdcard.

The newly posted release notes don't offer help outside a few notes. The User Manual is still v1.2 May be updated later.

Lots to check out - only ingredient missing right now is daylight. ****. I'm pretty excited to see how Santa's late delivery works out. I'm sure it will be 95% joy and 5% new bugs 🐛 😀 I hope the ratio is even better, but I'll take it either way.

Oh, lets hope satellite acquisition speeds are improved. Or at least not worse!

I have had zero disconnects over 300 flights, but some have a hard time with them. Hopefully this FW/Fly app combo helps them out, else they need to get warranty service.

Reactions: Atkas
My RC Pro says there’s no new remote firmware update. Is it supposed to update to v04.13.0500? The Mavic3 updated successfully… Thanks

RC Pro has just updated to V03.01.0500

Interesting...didn't get "Outdoor Mode" for the RC Pro controller?

My RC Pro says there’s no new remote firmware update. Is it supposed to update to v04.13.0500? The Mavic3 updated successfully… Thanks
What order did you follow? I grabbed Fly 1.5.8, then just ran the FW package. You need to wait a few mins after it finishes without doing anything, then you should see a controller updated message. If not, you may have to use DJI Assistant to update RC Pro.

Outdoor mode? Not familiar with that. Do you only fly indoors? 😆
It's mentioned on the product page, regarding auto brightness settings.

RC Pro

"DJI RC Pro includes an integrated 5.5-inch 1080p screen that reaches an average brightness of 1000 nits. This long-lasting high-bright display is perfect for its Outdoor mode, [2] where shadow details are enhanced automatically for clear display, even under direct sunlight."

If you read point [2] it refers to the Jan 22 update.

Just a point of interest.

The mode your referencing is in the controller settings (Android) not in RC Pro. I'll
It's mentioned on the product page, regarding auto brightness settings.

RC Pro

"DJI RC Pro includes an integrated 5.5-inch 1080p screen that reaches an average brightness of 1000 nits. This long-lasting high-bright display is perfect for its Outdoor mode, [2] where shadow details are enhanced automatically for clear display, even under direct sunlight."

If you read point [2] it refers to the Jan 22 update.

Just a point of interest.
The mode your referencing is in the controller settings (Android) not in DJI FLY. It's under "colors" - can be "adaptive, "natural"or "boosted" - I believe Adaptive is your Outdoor mode. Sorry for bad pics. No time to screenshot and transfer. 20220124_060950.jpg20220124_060931.jpg

Yea!! Hoping to hear much more positive reviews and posts on the M3 now.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Upgraded DJI RC Pro firmware and Mavic 3.
I was able to bind my Mavic Air 2S to the RC Pro and Mavic 3 at the same time. I had to erase files from the RC Pro since the internal storage was nearly full and the firmware was unable to install because of this.

So far,
The zoom sharpness has been improved nicely. Still, there is a jump from 4X-7X that is bad.
I haven't chance to fly yet.

Upgraded DJI RC Pro firmware and Mavic 3.
I was able to bind my Mavic Air 2S to the RC Pro and Mavic 3 at the same time. I had to erase files from the RC Pro since the internal storage was nearly full and the firmware was unable to install because of this.

So far,
The zoom sharpness has been improved nicely. Still, there is a jump from 4X-7X that is bad.
I haven't chance to fly yet.
is zoom sharpness improved for both photo and video? thx.

Overview:

What's New?
  • Added burst shooting.
  • Added QuickTransfer.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
Very cool - I last checked yesterday afternoon - then they sneaked it in overnight - hurrah !

Overview:

What's New?
  • Added burst shooting.
  • Added QuickTransfer.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones eries), and retry.
What is USB mode? A quick net search turned up nothing. The manual does not use the phrase USB mode.

So far so good. Now I only wait for DJI to announce a new Flymore version with RC Pro. I was hoping to see this before Chinese New Year.
Yes... I really wonder how they are going to solve the RC Pro problem between the Air2s flymore with RC Pro and the up and coming M3 flymore with RC Pro. What kind of "rabbit" are they going to pull out their "hats" to solve the massive price discrepancies let alone justify $1200 for the RC Pro alone.

Reactions: merak75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e