DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI senior citizen pilot!

ihavethetools

Reactions
Wanted to say hello to all here. Bought a new Mavic Mini Fly More on Tuesday. I'm 66 and bought my first quad, a JJRC Aurora X12 last year. I didn't want to spend much for a first camera drone so after doing much reading and YouTube video watching I chose that one. I can honestly say it wasn't that bad for a first time flyer. The 3 axis gimbal worked great but the video quality wasn't great. All in all not a bad first investment. I learned how to fly with it. Now was the time to move up to a better all around flying experience. Have only had it up for 15 - 20 so far but wow, what a difference! I look forward to exploring as much as possible here to learn even more about the Mavic Mini. Happy flying everyone!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

You will see there are plenty of us "senior citizens" here :D

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I am also an older member, being 76. I just started with drones a couple of months ago, and am still learning. I have crashed and repaired my Mavic 2 zoom, and realized after buying it and having a tree bring it down that I should be learning with something less expensive. So I got a Mavic Mini also. Like you I am impressed with it. The camera is amazingly good for something in its price range. Both it and the Mavic 2 zoom have problems looking in the direction of the sun, but seem great to me otherwise.
I tried launching both from my boat yesterday, and found that is going to take some practice and experimentation. The mini was happy to fly, but wanted to trim my fingers getting it to land in my hand. The Mavic 2 zoom did not like the boat rocking motion and wanted me to calibrate its IMU system. Holding it to launch got around that, but then it looked around and saw it was under a bimini, and decided it was not moving, so I had to set it down! More challenges!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Wanted to say hello to all here. Bought a new Mavic Mini Fly More on Tuesday. I'm 66 and bought my first quad, a JJRC Aurora X12 last year. I didn't want to spend much for a first camera drone so after doing much reading and YouTube video watching I chose that one. I can honestly say it wasn't that bad for a first time flyer. The 3 axis gimbal worked great but the video quality wasn't great. All in all not a bad first investment. I learned how to fly with it. Now was the time to move up to a better all around flying experience. Have only had it up for 15 - 20 so far but wow, what a difference! I look forward to exploring as much as possible here to learn even more about the Mavic Mini. Happy flying everyone!
Good luck and have fun. The mini is a hoot good time.

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a Mini and have a great time with it. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Enjoy!!Take it with you when traveling.it's a great companion and the videos are great memories.(Just check travel restrictins with a drone if and when going abroad).Stay safe and healthy.....btw..66 you said.?....hehehe just a kid!

Welcome to our forum, from Texas.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

p.s. As to being a senior, I'm 78, and still deciding what I want to be when I grow up.

Wanted to say hello to all here. Bought a new Mavic Mini Fly More on Tuesday...wow, what a difference! I look forward to exploring as much as possible here to learn even more about the Mavic Mini.
Welcome to the forum. I enjoy threads that show the Mini some luv...happy flying this weekend!

Welcome. And it is never too late to get into this hobby. It would be a safe bet to say. We are All old enough to vote. [emoji41]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots