DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Store in Brisbane & 2 new models leak?

Drone Runner

Reactions
Just found out about a new DJI store & floor display at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre in Brisbane, Australia that opened last week.
IMG_0282.jpg IMG_0281.jpg
The guys there seemed straight from DJI as one could barely speak English.
Not sure if the other guy was trolling or not but he couldn't help but share information about 2 new DJI models "coming soon".
A "Mavic Air" smaller than the current Mavic but still with folding arms and a "toy" model smaller than the Spark which does flips.
Guess nothing will be announced until next year anyway.

Sold here, too - unless it has a non-removable 500m altitude limit. Then it's useless in the mountains.

You want to fly from home point to more than 500m above ?
You would know it’s not AMSL, so I guess so.

Here we can’t fly more than 400m above home point anyway (legally).

If wanting to ascent over 500m in a flight, then yes it’s an issue for you.
If climbing anything higher, I guess landing and reset home point a second or third time is an option.

Here we can’t fly more than 400m above home point anyway (legally).

Here in the States we hobbyists can fly to stratosphere if we want; however, I usually stay within recommended 400ft AGL while my Mavic goes up the mountain slopes to altitudes higher than 500m ATOP (above take off point). (In Australia, that would be BELOW take off point since you guys walk upside down down there.) :D

Yes we’re the same if we ascend we can do so as long as we stay the 400’ (120m) agl.
Ditto if we fly from a peak, once we get away from the home point to put the bird at 400’ agl, we must then descend to keep it at that.
Not sure how the pilot or authorities could tell that by eye or a quick way in the field.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
It appears he wasn’t lying. Toy drone smaller than the Spark that does flips = confirmed.

Here’s to waiting for that Mavic “Air.” And hoping it’s DJI brand and not Ryze.

Yes we’re the same if we ascend we can do so as long as we stay the 400’ (120m) agl.
Ditto if we fly from a peak, once we get away from the home point to put the bird at 400’ agl, we must then descend to keep it at that.
Not sure how the pilot or authorities could tell that by eye or a quick way in the field.

Just wonder why there is a setting for 500 m
Been using it and went higher than centre point [emoji3]

Reactions: Jonatham Tai
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest