DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone and Mavic Pro 2 User (3 months) problems while flying brakes all the time and gimbal adjusts itself(is this normal?)

Rograt

Reactions
Hello,

Been using a drone for 3 months now and have a Mavic pro 2 I don't know if these are normal problems while flying or a problem with my drone as I have nothing to compare it against.

While flying in P or S mode it continually brakes at random say every 50/60m and stops saying there is an object near but there isn't this happens everywhere at any height and even over open water so it means I can't get a nice long continues flight without it braking and stopping. It doesn't happen in T mode or if I use waypoints or tapfly, just when flying manually in P or S mode. Is this normal?

Also while flying when I stop a manoeuvre the gimbal drops down approx 45 degres so I always have to adjust it back and never get a smooth transition to end the scene and have to cut it in post before the gimbal drops, again this happens in P or S mode but T and setting tap fly/waypoints it doesn't happen at all and fine.

I must mention the above both happen while flying in any direction forward, backward, sideways but not up or down.

So is this normal or any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Post a flight log - otherwise all we can do is speculate.

Thanks, didn't think about that. But I can't unfortunately, by pure coincidence I upgraded my phone 2 days ago to one with a larger screen to help my when flying and p/x my other previous phone and I haven't been out since flying with the restrictions placed in the UK at the moment. I just checked the app but there are no records there so I guess all my flight records went when I reset my previous phone?

I will have to wait until I can fly again, thanks

So then I take it with you asking to see flight logs then this is not normal because if it was people would be like...'yup same here' etc

Reactions: pelagic_one
I had a similar issue the one and only time I've flown my m2p in a large open field at full speed. I was flying it full speed in P mode in a straight direction. Id keep getting maybe 400-600 hundred feet then it would say something about braking and the drone would stop on its own and not go forward anymore unless i let off the stick and pushed it up again.

Not sure if that's an intended safety feature or what

Reactions: Rograt
Many times, this problem results from issues with the vision sensors. You have 2 main options, fly again and provide the flight data file OR you can go ahead and calibrate the vision sensors and see if the problem goes away. I had a similar problem early on with my M2Z and calibrating the vision sensors eliminated the problem. Here is a link to a video showing how to calibrate them.

In sport mode, all OA is disabled so it should not brake for obstacles at all. As a matter of fact, this is a proper recovery response when you get chronic OA alerts and response.

You can get false OA from sun getting into the OA sensors. When flying towards the sun when sun is low or reflected by water, it can intermittently trigger OA as the AC tilt angle changes from the angle while moving (phantom obstacle detected) to angle when hovering (phantom obstacle no longer detected). Remember, the OA sensors are fixed to the AC body, unlike the main camera that moves with a gimbal. The main camera is not used for OA.

If you synced your logs to DJI before wiping your phone, you can sync back the txt logs to the new device. The DAT logs are probably lost though.

Reactions: Rograt
I had a similar issue the one and only time I've flown my m2p in a large open field at full speed. I was flying it full speed in P mode in a straight direction. Id keep getting maybe 400-600 hundred feet then it would say something about braking and the drone would stop on its own and not go forward anymore unless i let off the stick and pushed it up again.

Not sure if that's an intended safety feature or what

Thanks that's exactly what happens to me until I let off the sticks and push again however I'm getting now where near that distance its literally every 50/60 yards/m

Many times, this problem results from issues with the vision sensors. You have 2 main options, fly again and provide the flight data file OR you can go ahead and calibrate the vision sensors and see if the problem goes away. I had a similar problem early on with my M2Z and calibrating the vision sensors eliminated the problem. Here is a link to a video showing how to calibrate them.

Thanks for the info and link I'll look into that and try it for sure :)

In sport mode, all OA is disabled so it should not brake for obstacles at all. As a matter of fact, this is a proper recovery response when you get chronic OA alerts and response.

You can get false OA from sun getting into the OA sensors. When flying towards the sun when sun is low or reflected by water, it can intermittently trigger OA as the AC tilt angle changes from the angle while moving (phantom obstacle detected) to angle when hovering (phantom obstacle no longer detected). Remember, the OA sensors are fixed to the AC body, unlike the main camera that moves with a gimbal. The main camera is not used for OA.

If you synced your logs to DJI before wiping your phone, you can sync back the txt logs to the new device. The DAT logs are probably lost though.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, unfortunately I didn't. Never thought about the DJI logs when I p/x my phone..arrgggg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes