DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Owner- Looking for Places to Fly in Central NJ

Cyclonedrone

Reactions
Hey everyone! I am a new owner of the Mavic Air and new to these forums. It is super cool to join this community and be able to chat with people who have a similar interest in drones. I was looking at the meetups that are going on in Jersey and was wondering, are these locations such as Oldbridge Waterfront Park places you are allowed to fly? Or do these locations give special permission because a meetup is occurring and a group will be flying?

I am from the Oldbridge/Aberdeen area and was looking for some places where I can fly legally. I tried Manasquan Beach a few weeks ago but a park ranger stopped me and told me it wasn't allowed. I am really excited to get out there and fly this summer but am unsure of where to go.

Thanks in advance for the responses:)

Hey @Cyclonedrone
I'm in the same boat. Looking for good locations in Central Jersey (Marlboro Resident).
I'll circle back to this post when I find a few good locations!

Join the Jersey Droners on Meetup.com

We go to spots that have some sort of historic value and good photo opts. So far we have always flown at new locations that we scout out ahead of time. This weekend we did a repeat because of the TFR over most of central jersey.
Had a good view of a Naval ship this time.

Everyone in the club is interested in photography and flies responsibly. Nice group of people. 4-8 flyers usually come out for each mission.

Check out Jersey Droners Create a Meetup Account on Meetup
Create a Meetup Account

Ah, I was hoping this thread would have some answers. I'm also 10 min away from Old Bridge and it seems the restrictions on drones have just gotten worse. Feels like I can't fly anywhere that's even reasonably scenic :/

There’s lots of places if you can fly legally ( not over or around people)

Oldbridge waterfront park at sunrise right by Morgan Marina .. police have stopped by to say hello.. Perth Amboy is drone friendly too ( if you stay away from people and oil reserves) I love the parking lot by cornucopia or right down by rt 35 bridge ( but don’t go anywhere near the oil tanks!)

Check out the Jersey Droners on meetup.com and facebook

Remember the air space is usually unrestricted (check AirMap)

State and county laws can’t restrict the airspace. The FAA has jurisdiction over that. If you want to fly in a park, you find the end of the park property and take off from any public property. (You aren’t breaking the law unless you are flying over people in the park)

You can fly from the shoulder of the road if you have to.

FAA restricts airspace over national parks and 400 feet from national landmarks , 3000 feet from naval vessels ect.

Check out Jersey Droners on meetup.com and Facebook.

hi guys, i am in a rc club off exit 91 gsp, we have many guys into drone and fpv..also rc planes and heli.....its a great club

There is a guy on YouTube that does excellent drone reviews and lives/flies in New Jersey. He may have some insight on good places to fly in the state.

Drone Valley

When I lived up in that neck of the woods I liked to fly at Johnson Park in Piscataway. Great views of the Rutgers football stadium and the Raritan river

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll