DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone owner, never flown anything before, bought the Mavic2 Pro

netprophet

Reactions
I have two websites: A FB page: Travelling to Work & test flights videos on:- YouTube Any comments, thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Be kind as it's all new to me.... I would like to make these few comments/observations, if I may:-

1. Almost without exception, on the guys who make the helpful MAVIC2 Pro / Zoom instructional videos online, all miss an obvious helpful element (as far as I am concerned) They all show screen shots of the various Controller menus, but NONE show you where you start from, they all simply shoot straight to the sub menu they are discussing. ?? Very annoying, as I still have to guess how they reached the page/section they are referring to. It's a shame DJI didn't simply put all the menus in one place. Rather than dotted all around the screen.

I must say this is probably the best $2000 I ever spent ( sorry iMac) . DJI do make an exceptional piece of equipment.

Okay I am off to Gatwick!

You will totally enjoy you new M2P. Just take your time, there’s no rush;) read the manuals, check out YouTube. I found a good way to get yourself up to speed with all the setting & how everything works is by,

1. Mavic on table with props off, very important..
2. Fire up the Go4 app, controller.
3. Start flying (not going to go anywhere, no props on)
4. Start playing with the go4app, your get a much better understanding of what everything does instead of doing this in the field, intelligent flight modes will not work, that needs to be done in the field.

Also you can play around with the flight sim in the Go4 app.

Enjoy and happy flying.;)

Last edited:
You will totally enjoy you new M2P. Just take your time, there’s no rush;) read the manuals, check out YouTube. I found a good way to get yourself up to speed with all the setting & how everything works is by,

1. Mavic on table with props off, very important..
2. Fire up the Go4 app, controller.
3. Start flying (not going to go anywhere, no props on)
4. Start playing with the go4app, your get a much better understanding of what everything does instead of doing this in the field, intelligent flight modes will not work, that needs to be done in the field.

Also you can play around with the flight sim in the Go4 app.

Enjoy and happy flying.;)

See you at Gatwick:oops::oops:

Very helpful thank you... esp the props off (hadn't thought of that!) BTW: I did mention to one video instructor in particular how he and all the others online, missed the very small text warning warning in the leaflet supplied by DJI in the box. I later downloaded a BIG version ( as advised) online from DJI. It says:-

1545586401419.png

Many instructors are shown charging with the small Remote Controller Cable (B) inserted. !!!

I have done this already a few times, despite knowing I shouldn't, as it's hard to always remember to disconnect it before charging. Having a closer look at where it connects to the charger, I am not sure it connects to anything within the charger pack that is could damage ??

Online manual at: -
Online Mav2 Pro manual

Last edited:
Very helpful thank you... esp the props off (hadn't thought of that!) BTW: I did mention to one video instructor in particular how he and all the others online, missed the very small text warning warning in the leaflet supplied by DJI in the box. I later downloaded a BIG version ( as advised) online from DJI. It says:-

View attachment 56625

Many instructors are shown charging with the small Remote Controller Cable (B) inserted. !!!
I have done this already a few times, despite knowing I shouldn't, as it's hard to always remember to disconnect it before charging. Having a closer look at where it connects to the charger, I am not sure it connects to anything within the charger pack that is could damage ??

Online manual at: -
Online Mav2 Pro manual

The controller charge cable doesn’t connect to anything on the charger, I think what it means is it must be removed which it does to charge up the controller. I’ve never removed it while charging my batteries to date;)

Reactions: Inspirephil
Welcome to the forum net.
That charger is suppose to look like this as Porky said
Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 12.50.13 PM.png just be sure the B end goes into your controller the right way .
Look at it closely and do not force it in wrong as it can damage the controller
socket . The A also only goes one way on your battery . Just take it slow and
you will be all right .

Is it very specific (I believe) . In accordance with the image from the Manual. You should not have the lead (B) inserted into the main charging unit whilst charging a Battery, for example.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum net.
That charger is suppose to look like this as Porky said
View attachment 56636 just be sure the B end goes into your controller the right way .
Look at it closely and do not force it in wrong as it can damage the controller
socket . The A also only goes one way on your battery . Just take it slow and
you will be all right .
Hi, Would you say there was a MOTHER of all instruction videos, covering the MENU structure of the GOPRo4 app...?

Then pull not out if you like I am just telling you it's fine to leave it in .
Have with my MP charger which does look different but basically the same as my M2P
charger. I also have heard some say not to charge controller and battery's at the same time but have been for 2 years now on the MP and have been with the M2P . No issues.
And no there are so many I can't say which video is the best one as there are so many .
Maybe some else will chime in with one they like.
I just worked with it till I figured it out . Was hard for me at first getting used to Go app
when I got my first P3 but just got overwhelmed trying to figure it all out at once.
Take 1 thing and learn it then move on to another .

Reactions: netprophet
I cannot see for the life of me why you would need to remove the tx cable to charge the mavic batteries, it says a lot of things in the manual which we choose to ignore. Never removed the cable while charging & never will.

Last edited:
Think I need to mod my new case if the tx cable needs removing, yeah right....:confused:6CEDA98A-49CC-48C6-9357-3973212D7978.jpeg

I have two websites: A FB page: Travelling to Work & test flights videos on:- YouTube Any comments, thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Be kind as it's all new to me.... I would like to make these few comments/observations, if I may:-

1. Almost without exception, on the guys who make the helpful MAVIC2 Pro / Zoom instructional videos online, all miss an obvious helpful element (as far as I am concerned) They all show screen shots of the various Controller menus, but NONE show you where you start from, they all simply shoot straight to the sub menu they are discussing. ?? Very annoying, as I still have to guess how they reached the page/section they are referring to. It's a shame DJI didn't simply put all the menus in one place. Rather than dotted all around the screen.

I must say this is probably the best $2000 I ever spent ( sorry iMac) . DJI do make an exceptional piece of equipment.

Okay I am off to Gatwick!
I was the same. First time drone owner and a new 2Pro. I find the app confusing at times as the menus are not as logical as I wish. But, the learning curve isn't very steep.

Beyond what's already been stated, adjusting your controller and gimbal settings to achieve smooth flight and cinematic video are important early steps, together with learning your manual camera settings, buying your ND filter set (16/32/64). Don't use apertures above 5.6 if you can help it, keep your ISO as low as possible (below 400) and keep your shutter speeds corresponding to the frame rate 1/50 or 1/60 (that's where the ND's come in). 1/100 or 1/120 can be ok in a pinch. Probably one of the most important pieces of newbie advice is to do your flying/practicing in a large field where retrieval is possible. Don't get overconfident and flying around mountains, water, wooded areas and so forth where you'd have a hard time finding/retrieving. And DON'T test your flight range seeing how far you can go. RTH when you get your first low battery warning (I'm often re-learning this hard lesson).

I have a P3 4k and the M2Pro. I have unique issues pop up every time I fly. You may have to make quick decisions without the background knowledge or experience. That's one reason to respect battery levels and don't push the envelope. Losing signal between controller and tablet is a common occurrence. Flying low altitudes also means more obstacles and signal interference between the controller and drone. As battery level gets towards 50%, move closer to the home point. Headwinds and lift are always a factor. These drones don't descend as quickly as you would think. At critical battery, you lose joystick control and they descend in place (not always where you want).

Oh, and buy insurance. I got insurance from StateFarm for $60/year for multiple drones.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus