DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Pilot - Awaiting Weather For First Flight

WackeDad

Reactions
From the land of Boeing Airplane Company (Seattle WA), retired IT professional and avid amateur photographer. Hoping to see the world from a higher altitude. Looking forward to learning as much as possible before my first flight (we’re having a bit of a snow problem of late).

Very impressed with the quality of the MavicPilots forum, glad to be here.

Welcome from the other coast! I've been flying for a few months, but here we were dealing with rain and fog all last week. I hope you get airborne soon. I assume you have checked out FAADroneZone ?

Welcome from the other coast! I've been flying for a few months, but here we were dealing with rain and fog all last week. I hope you get airborne soon. I assume you have checked out FAADroneZone ?
Hi @Pavilk,

I’ve already got my FAA registration #, and passed my TRUST safety certification. Also a new member in the AMA. I started down the slippery slope of the 107 license but got cold feet (pun), and will try the recreational avenue for now. Sun’s just peeking out now, but it’ll take a while to erase the white wonderland.

Hello from the Crossroads of America WackeDad.

Looking forward to learning as much as possible before my first flight

You've come to the right place.

As mentioned above, swing by the FAA and register.

FAADroneZone

And take the TRUST test to have a copy with you when you fly.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/knowledge_test_updates/

Pilot Institute has a TRUST test portal to take the test.

A few apps worth having are the B4UFLY / ALOFT or AIRMAP.

These apps are free in the app stores that tell you what type of airspace you're flying in and you may get authorization to fly near airports through the use of LAANC.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi @Pavilk,

I’ve already got my FAA registration #, and passed my TRUST safety certification. Also a new member in the AMA. I started down the slippery slope of the 107 license but got cold feet (pun), and will try the recreational avenue for now. Sun’s just peeking out now, but it’ll take a while to erase the white wonderland.

Fiddle stick's, I posted shortly after you did. :D

Welcome again.

No worries! Thanks for the welcome and info. When I started down the path of drone flight, I joined Kittyhawk, which is now Aloft. All very helpful and will come in handy here in the NW.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the land dowunder 🇦🇺

You’re in the right place for the best drone flying tips on the net. Plenty of YouTube videos to watch as well. My three little tips for what it’s worth.

1. Trees & wires are your enemy. Stay well away.

2. Find some wide open space and enjoy practicing how your drone flys.”Quickshots” are great fun as well to commence.

3. Don’t try to hand launch or catch until you are very sure of how to execute both. (YouTube) once again!

Cheers 🍻

Welcome to MavicPilots!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929