DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone pilot Here, Mavic Air crashed into pond

Reactions
Hello guys, new pilot here, be kind!
I bought a used Air 3 days ago and was having a great time until it crashed into a pond, currently drying out, fingers crossed.
Anyway, I'm looking for help in discovering why it crashed.
I have the text log and on board footage.
Looking for input from experienced pilots.

I have a mp4 of the crash, but not sure how to upload here

UPDATE
Youtube link now added

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-02-17_[17-32-37].txt
    905 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This is your log on Phantom help. DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com. (Early Braes Park)
Is the area flooded or is this the wrong log? I see no pond.

Can you wash it with IsoPropylAlcohol, I believe it is helpful in displacing water. If you do not have any do not waste time getting some.
DO NOT use rice, loose or otherwise, as a deliquesent.
Better to put is above, but not on, the hot water tank for a few days. Standing it on its nose or rear or one side might be helpful too.
You have to upload the video to somewhere like you tube then post a link

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your log on Phantom help. DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Can you wash it with IsoPropylAlcohol, I believe it is helpful in displacing water. If you do not have any do not waste time getting some.
DO NOT use rice, loose or otherwise, as a deliquesent.
Better to put is above, but not on, the hot water tank for a few days. Standing it on its nose or rear or one side might be helpful too.

Is the area flooded or is this the wrong log? I see no pond.
the pond is there but not shown on the map for some reason

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !!
The only thing I can say looks like you were flying very close to the ground at sport mode full speed and you may be hit something and you went up trying to correct and the data is inconclusive to the best of my skills. We need an expert to tell you more. Maybe @sar104 @Meta4 @slup or the other guys.

crash.jpg

Cresh 2.jpg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !!
The only thing I can say looks like you were flying very close to the ground at sport mode full speed and you may be hit something and you went up trying to correct and the data is inconclusive to the best of my skills. We need an expert to tell you more. Maybe @sar104 @Meta4 @slup or the other guys.

View attachment 144102

View attachment 144103
no input from me on the sticks after coming off the gas, i checked the flight log

Reactions: Droniac
One more variable....This was one of the rear props after I waded into the pond in fast fading light, not sure if it happened before or after the crash, would this bring the MA down?
View attachment 144107
That is not sufficient damage like to have lost of trust. Maybe a bird strike? I know everybody will hate me for the comment LOLL

Reactions: Droniac
crash 3.jpg

That was your last stick's input before the crash going forward.

We can not say there is a water reflection in the vision sensors because you were in sport mode and is my understanding that Mavic Air does not use vision sensors in sport mode. Is really weird what happened.

Reactions: MA2 317 and Droniac
Hello from the Crossroads of America Glasgow Drone Crasher.

I watched the video a dozen times and couldn't see anything that may have hit it.

Maybe the barometer went whacky when flying over the pond??

Just a thought. 🤔

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Good luck with getting it dried out and working again. If it is no longer a viable flying machine and you wish to sell any batteries (that work) let me know please.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Golfers will sympathy, looks familiar. Flying over water requires a bit of learned skill. Hope it dries ok and you can get back in the air, wiser.
Change props, calibrate imu, compass, etc.

Reactions: dirkclod
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929