DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone User in Frisco, Texas

alexs84

Reactions
Just bought the Mavic Air. I have taken it up a couple of times and love it. I have found a few places you should be able to fly and have zero problem, as far as i understand the FAA rules. Is everyone as surprised as i am on how many **** heliports are here in North Texas?

Anyone know any good places to fly? I bought it for recreational use, but also wanted to dabble with photography and cinematography.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: alexs84
Just bought the Mavic Air. I have taken it up a couple of times and love it. I have found a few places you should be able to fly and have zero problem, as far as i understand the FAA rules. Is everyone as surprised as i am on how many **** heliports are here in North Texas?

Anyone know any good places to fly? I bought it for recreational use, but also wanted to dabble with photography and cinematography.
Howdy from Wyoming @alexs84 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello and welcome! I'm in Allen and have found a couple of spots. Let me know where you fly

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello and welcome! I'm in Allen and have found a couple of spots. Let me know where you fly
I have been flying on the southside of Lake lewisville. Sweet spot right there and only have to contact Baylor Hospital and all you can do is leave a message. They don't call you back, but from what i've learned, all you can do is prove you notified them. I also flew at Preston and Lebanon area in Hobby Lobby Parking Lot. Most of the required helipads/airports to contact no longer exist, so its kind of a sweet spot. It just sucks because it isnt a very good photography spot. Im looking more for rivers, streams, lakes, city scapes..stuff like that. Where in Allen do you fly? Can you fly at Bethany Lakes. i know that state parks are off limits, but am not sure of Allen's rules.

Im curious about Class G Airspace. How do you find it? Is there any websites out there or apps that have this map?

Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of helpful information about airspace Unmanned Aircraft Systems Also Airspace class (United States) - Wikipedia talks about ABCDEG airspace. Hope this helps. Careful around lake Lewisville high airplane traffic. Not good on windy day. I'm a Texas flyer as well and have flown many places in Texas as long as you keep to yourself and don't fly recklessly most people will stay curious about the drone but always do your research where you plan to fly. You will be surprised at all the locations that are available.

Feel free to check out my channel.

Lostgirl hikes

Enjoy the drone, Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada